How High Can You Go

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Im very interested in this too. Hey Tagurit, is the b18a1 in ur sig, is it in a DA??And is this the B18a1 ur refering to in this thread?

yeah just upgraded some parts, like the valve springs and arp hardware and it is in a da chassis

going to try and see which cam will make more power. the bullfrog cams i got with the head package pulls really hard but im also going to try the crower 403's and see how they perform with the headwork....

Do you have a traction bar, or is ur car stripped or something? Cuz that is a good quarter mile time for the horsepower you think you have!!!
Let me guess. Just that good of a driver???Ehhhhh????LOL

Do you have a traction bar, or is ur car stripped or something? Cuz that is a good quarter mile time for the horsepower you think you have!!!
Let me guess. Just that good of a driver???Ehhhhh????LOL

no traction bar and the horsepower that i have was enough to put a stock jdm integra type r in its place....

its all in the build. research is a big factor in buying the good parts that go well hand in hand. for example, the kamakazi hedder out performed the dc hedder by 5 horse power and the dc hedder is more expensive. find the right parts and your car will hum a sweet tune

Curiousity Question: why didnt you just put b16 pistons in there to raise the compression ratio? Wouldn't have been almost the exact same??

off topic but did you all know that the type r oil pump is the same as a gsr oil pump?

the dealer part number is the same they both are p72 pumps!

sorry just thought i would throw that out there!

i've got an 11:1:1 compression from my head already, if i stuff those pistons in now my compression will be high like around 13:5:1 or maybe even higher. i can stuff those pr3 pistons in there but i will have to use my other worked head. i do though have a set of b16 pistons...they are 10:5:1 compression

i was just wondering why you worked the head to get that compression ratio "instead of" pr3 pistons. I don't mean to pry but how much did ur setup cost??

i got the cams, the ported and polished head/ 3 angle valve job/ high compression valve grind, throttle body bored to 62mm w/ new hand fitted butterfly, port matched intake manifold, and a remapped ecu for 1200.00 on sale. got 55 horsepower to the wheels with the package. well worth my money!

Back