1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How In Gods Good Earth Are U Suppose To Do This?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 22crazy, Jan 15, 2003.

1. 22crazy

22crazy Senior Member

whats up. i was reading through the forum and i read something were someone just mentioned 2.7L h22. is this even possible? if so does someone make the stroker kit or is it pure custom. Is this even realiable? because i could imagine how thin the walls are going to be? Is a 2.7 any good for boost?

2. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

I don't know if there are bigger pistons available, or if you can use bigger pistons, but Endyn makes 90mm pistons. With a 90mm bore you would need to go to a 106.1mm stroke from a 90.7mm stroke to make 2.7L. I don't know if that is possible in the H22A.

3. paragus

paragus Senior Member

90mm is possible.. yea. reliable no. And from what ive read, its safer to bore it out to 89mm.

4. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

I believe that 90mm bore is possible, I don't think that a 106.7mm stroke is possible.

5. 2 litre EG

2 litre EG Senior Member

Mike from RS machining did Jeremy Lookoffsky's 2.8L prelude motor set up when he first brought out the half backed CRX... it held together for about 2 races, then he had to have it re-done... so as for reliability... there is none :D

but to let you know the 2.8L was only possible cause of the deck plate that RS machining sells... and no a 2.7 is NO GOOD for boost

when stroking or boring out a car to such extremes as a 2.7 prelude motor then there is almost no way you could boost safely with a god reliability factor :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted