How it pick out a LSD tranny.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bump

How do you tell if it is a LSD tranny?

f & H series trannys.

look through the hole where the shafts go in....f and h series you will need to unbolt the intermediate shaft in order to see through it. if you san see through it with no obstructions, its an lsd tranny. If you see a bar or what looks like a bar running throgh the middle of the hole its non lsd

yeah and its etched into the top of the tranny

s402459b85f391.jpg

lol you dont know how good that makes me feel...i know nothing about cars and i answered a question :)

As mentioned, the definitive way to tell is to look through the shaft holes.

A non-LSD tranny will have a slight obstruction hanging down. The LSD tranny will be completely lookthrough, absolutely no obstructions.

That happens to be my tranny in the picture, an H22A auto LSD tranny. The LSD was a clue, but after double checking, it was indeed LSD.

:thumbsup:

That happens to be my tranny in the picture, an H22A auto LSD tranny. The LSD was a clue, but after double checking, it was indeed LSD.

I dont know what your talking about tab :unsure: ...thats a picture of my tranny :D

(psst if you didnt catch it, thats reiko being sarcastic)

i'm about ot buy a front clip off of this guy from his shop, he's going to have 2 prelude front clips, but do not know if they have lsd or not... is there any other way to tell without unbolting shit/ cuz he's going to let me start them both up and pick whihc one iwant...

Run the tranny numbers past a Honda technician, or parts man.

They might be able to look it up...... The definitive way to tell is the shaft hole inspection. The LSD is a nice clue, but can be faked.

Back