How low can you go...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

automotive_legos

Basically this is probably a stupid question. But I just got a sweet ass set of 18" volk te-37's. Now my car looks like a monster truck. How low do you think I can take it with out rubbing and stuff like that. I blew enought money on the wheels that I really cant afford some nice adjustable coils, so I plan on just buying some nice struts and springs. I was just wondering how low some of you with 18's are. I guess it would help if I said that they were on a 99' ek hatch. Anyways, any input would be great. Thanks......

How low can you go...

How dumb can you get?

You put 18s on your car, now it looks like a monster truck and you think that looks good? :roll:

I dont want to make you feel bad, but 18's on a civic is way to big bro. 17's is the appropriate size, and the biggest you should go.

But you didn't ask us to criticize you, you asked a question, and to answer your question, measure the current tire/fender gap (room between the top of your tire to the bottom of the fender), and subtract a half inch from that number. That should give you enough clearance to make reasonably large turns without rubbing. Hope i could help.

17s are too big too.

how low depends on lots of things- mainly your suspension, but also how shitty of a ride you want, how crappy handling you want, and how much rubbing, cutting, and rolling you care to do.

18's are very big. I have 17's on my car and they barely clear. If i didnt have the body kit it would be like stock height....almost. Just buy some cheap style coilovers and check it out. You can get coilovers pretty cheap. I got mine done at a local performance shop for like $200 installed. Their not ground control quality but they work for me and might work for you. Cheers :beer:

OK, for helpful information, I have a friend w/ a 2K Si, he put 18" ADR Sokudo's on it, and had skunk2's all the way down, it rubbed a little, but we pulled the plastic out of the front fender wells and took a wooden bat and rolled the fenders a little, it looked good, but we eventually just lowered it a total of 2.5 all the way around and it was nice.

Back