How low should I go???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dpora1979

I just added some 18 inch wheels to my 2003 accord coupe & now I want to lower it for a more sporty look. Now I'm a newbie to car supension so all the help I get would be appreciated. Couple of questions ...

How low should I drop the car if I'm driving it everyday & want a smooth ride?

If I buy lowering springs should I also buy struts or will just the springs due?

What brand of springs would be recommended?

Thanks guys!

about an inch should kill the wheel gap.

just going an inch you can get away with the stock shocks, but if you want a SPORT suspension, you're going to want to go with a firmer spring and a sport shock.

I'm told, best to change the "shock & springs"
Eibach Pro-kit for my '99 Civi is a 1.5" front, 1.3" rear drop

if your just doing this for the looks then you don't need the shocks.

slam it and tuck wheels, get the fenders rolled and a camber kit, accords look sick slamed but then again you cant stick a finger in between my tires and fenders and i drive a crx with 15's.

lowering springs and shocks go together! if u do one change them both....prolly a 1.5" drop is more than sufficient for daily driving!

An Eibach Pro Kit on the stock Accord shock will be just what you're looking for. Changing the damper for this application, in adherence to you goals, will drastically change the ride of your Accord. Allbeit a good change, if you're just looking to kill the wheel well gap, an inch or so will do the trick, and not throw off your shock/rebound too far from stock specifications.

If you were to lower your car over 1.5", and want a much stiffer ride (sport suspension) than I'd reccomend changing the damper as well as the springs.

The Eibach Pro Kit would be perfect for your application and goals. I also know that TEIN has some springs that are geared towards the luxary car market, called the luxary master. These might be worth looking into as well if your goals are to keep the stock Accord ride, but shed an inch or so from the ride height.

Enjoy.

the Eibach Pro Kit would definately suit your needs if you are just going for looks. 18 inch wheels are much too large for the track, but probably look really good on a street setup Accord. The prokit is basically a shorter, nearly stock rate spring, so it should give you a good feeling ride with a lower stance. Two thumbs up for Eibach!

Back