How much do you value a warranty?

To pay or not to pay?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
My aunt works at Advance Auto Parts, and she can get me a 20% discount on parts. I need a 1st oxyen sensor for my HX, and there are 2 options,

Bosch- 1yr. Warranty- 336.99+tax
NGK- LLT Warranty- 373.99+tax

After the discount,

Bosch- 269.59+tax
NGK- 298.20+tax

So is a warranty I might never use worth $25.61?

You need to look into the limited life time warranty and see what will void and what will pass. obviously miss use and too rich fuel will burn it out faster. Me personally, I'd go for the 1 year for two reasons. 1 year warranties usually ask no questions, and its cheaper. The LLT requires you to have your receipt even though advance receipts go bad unless you copy it, print then save it with the receipt. But either way, advance usually doesn't ask alot of questions when a part goes bad and has a warranty with proof of purchase.

Wait, its a wideband and not just some general O2? Go for the LLT I say then.

I really don't know what to trust, and where did the L2H2 come from?

I found a couple on ebay, but I'm really nervous about buying them without a warranty, if it falls on it's face in 3 days, then there isn't shit I can do about it.

L2H2 is the replacement for the L1H1(which is what the 92-95 VX and I believe 96-00 HX came with). They're also used in WBO2 kits that use NTK sensors.

RockAuto sells these also for about $270 and have a 1yr warranty.

Last edited:
Like I said, I really don't know how trusting I am of the online options, simply because most of them do not come with a warranty.

The warranty is obviously from the seller(as stated above Rock Auto has a 1yr warranty on it and cost a little less). NTK, the manufacturer, never specifies a warranty at all(similar if you were to buy it from the dealership).

If you're worried about it failing, then of course go for the LLT one. Though, I can say that many people speak highly of the NTK units.

just remember, warranties exist because they are profitable to the parts mfg'ers.

warranty_killer_%2896dpi%29.jpg

The warranty thing goes like this, spend the money on high quality items. Treat them well. If it is an item that WILL wear out sooner or later, and its offered with a lifetime warranty, go for it. Its free parts for life. Or until the company eats shit, either way.. But $30 now could save you $400-$600 later... That is unless you keep cars for 2 or 3 years and dump them, then grab the cheap one and toss it in.. No sense in forking over extra cash for a lifetime warranty that you are going to use for a year and a half..

Back