How much hp is a 2000 celica GT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicdx92

And what do you guys think of that ride? are they any good with gas and performance?

140 HP. About as fast as an EX coupe. Very tight handling. If I were looking for a medium power FWD coupe, I'd seriously consider the Celica GT.

GT-S = 180 HP and a six speed, however the gearing is spaced so far that you have to wind it out right up to the rev limiter to keep it in the "high cam" when you shift. It's kinda like a 5 speed with a 6th super tall O.D. gear tagged on it.

i found one in my price range.only thing is, its white in color. lookin at kbb.com i should be able to do an even trade for it if i take my grand prix in. if so, i'll get it.if not, fuck it i'll just hold on to what i have.

All i know is the Celica GT and GT-S are two of the best handling FWD cars out there. They have great style and plenty of power.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Aug 31 2003, 11:27 AM
All i know is the Celica GT and GT-S are two of the best handling FWD cars out there. They have great style and plenty of power.

I would not go that far. ITR's, Mini coopers, CRX's have much better handling characteristics (sp?) then a celica. Dont get me wrong, they do handle nice but not that nice.

Are celica parts available everywhere just like honda parts are?

Originally posted by asmallsol+Aug 31 2003, 10:45 AM-->
sleepergtx
@Aug 31 2003, 11:27 AM

I would not go that far. ITR's, Mini coopers, CRX's have much better handling characteristics (sp?) then a celica. Dont get me wrong, they do handle nice but not that nice.

:withstupid:
thats just my opinion though

you can find toyota parts pretty easily too yes

Originally posted by asmallsol+Aug 31 2003, 03:45 PM-->
sleepergtx

Well yeah, I'm sure those two can hold their own, I didn't say Celicas were the absolute best handling cars, they're just two of the better choices if you're into autoXing or just whipping around corners on the street pretty quickly. ;)

i have known a few people with GT-Ss
the tranny SUCKS ASS on those cars .... they dont take well to agressive driving at all .... i watched one kid go through 4 trannys in about 6 months.... two other people needed a new tranny within the first year

Originally posted by silver+Aug 31 2003, 11:58 AM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 31 2003, 10:45 AM
sleepergtx

:withstupid:
thats just my opinion though

you can find toyota parts pretty easily too yes

just your opinion?????? FYI, there is something called a skidpad and also something called a car's lateral acceleration expressed in G's.

Back