How old is too old to make a dare?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
101-Year-Old Man Makes Parachute Jump

CAIRNS, Australia (AP) -- A 101-year-old man is believed to be the world's oldest skydiver after he accepted a dare from his friends and jumped out of an airplane Wednesday.

Frank Moody, from Holloways Beach on Australia's northeastern coast, beat the record set by a 94-year-old Norwegian in 1999, said Amanda Pilkington, from Skydive Cairns, which organized the jump.

Moody jumped in tandem with an experienced skydiver Wednesday morning from more than 3,000 meters (9,900 feet), she said.

"He's an absolute legend. It was a bit of a drunken dare by some of his mates at the local Holloways Beach football club. He said: "'Sure, I'll go jump out of an airplane,"' Pilkington quoted him as saying, adding she nearly fell off her chair when she first heard Moody wanted to try the Guiness record attempt.

"We decided to attempt to beat the record as well as giving Frank an awesome experience and one that he'll remember for the rest of his life. He's very switched on and very witty and charming. It's an absolute pleasure to have done this for him," she said.

Pilkington said the club would send footage of the jump and other details to the Guinness Book of Records head office in London and expects confirmation back within weeks.

Moody went down to the football club with his son John after the jump to have a Guinness beer to celebrate and collect on the dare from his mates.

"He's been given his footage and photographs so he's got proof and evidence that he's done it," Pilkington said.

lmao :lmao: fuckin australians

I was wiating to read that his hip broke in 4 different places as with his legs on the landing =) but after getting to the end I foudn nothing about it =`( ohwell I guess his been drinking his milk

Skydiving is a blast. Dropping from an airplane is almost undescribable(sp?).

<<<<<Done it four times :)

Lucky old fart, 9,900 feet is a pretty good jump. Unless you are experienced, or go tandem, they start you off at about 4k. <_<

Back