How reliable is a CR/VTEC swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

N810

I've heard from a friend that a CR/VTEC swap lasts about only 3 months in a daily driven car, "because of the amount of torque." To me, this doesn't seem true at all. I've been researching info on this swap and none of it has mentioned it being that short lived. Not to mention, I've never seen that issue come up on HondaSwap. I don't believe that rumor one bit, but I'd like to know if I'm right or wrong.

That is what morons that don't know what they are doing will tell you. Any frankenstein is only as good as it is built, but that goes for any motor. You can build a B16A with completely OEM Honda parts and have it explode a mile down the road.

iv seen them gone to shyt in a week..and others still lasting on a year

my freind built 3...first to were shot and the one he has know has been runing like it was OEM...

It all depends on how it is built, of course if you have some snot nosed red headed step child with a vice grip tightening head studs and connecting rods its going to blow.

It's all in the build, and who put the motor together.

shitty build = short death

great build = last forever...

i have done 4 ls v-tec and 3 cr v-tec motor never had one prob and now im doing a cr v-tec on boost at 6psi all day and redlining at 8500 not one prob as long as you use arp studs i did mt first cr v-tec motor back in 99 and till this day it still runs 13.3 in a crx all motor

Back