How to adjust IDLE on 00 GSR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IIpower

Hello I was wondering as to how to adjust the idle on a 00 GSR. Ive tried using the idle control adjustment the one that you use with a flathead rite on the throttle body. But the idle didnt move one bit. I even took the whole idle adjustment screw out and the idle didnt rise or nothing. Reason I want to adjust my idle is because rite now its diling at around 650-700rpm and at about almost 600 with the AC on. Is there any ither way to adjust my idle?

Very important: Y isnt my Idle adjustment screw working (the one that is used with a flat head and rite above the throttle body)? loosen and tighten it and the RPM stays the same?

if i'm correct i believe that is where the idle should be...why you want it higher? it'll just eat more gas...but i believe there is an idle ajust screw in the IAC

If your idle just starting going crazy out of no where check for other problems. Follow a flow chart but more importantly start with basics. did u change something? If u just want it higher thats a differnt story but I dont see why?

Back