How to bolt up exhaust?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

Anyone have any ideas on how I can temporarily bolt up my exhuast? The flanges are 180 degrees off so the normal bolts don't work. If you couldn't read my sig, I have a 1990 CRX HF with a b16 SiR 1 in it. I have on order a magniflow high flow cat and a flex tube to finish up the exhuast for good, but I need a way I can make the car *sound* street legal for a while. (Its not street legal because It doesn't have a cat right now.)

s407a1b0a61a92.jpg

what do you have to fill the 12 inch gap between the header and the exhaust? if you have the same cat now that you did before your swap, then just unbolt it and rotate it. i had a similar problem, but in my case there was a 120 degree difference in the bolt pattern so i could turn my cat.

let me know if that helps.

I have an HF and the stock cat was part of the header, so I have no stock cat to bolt up. There isn't a 12" gap, more like 1". The b16 header can touch the stock exhaust. If there were a way for me to connect them, then I would have a useable car.

GET A SMALLER PIPE THAT WILL FIT INSIDE BOTH AS A GAP FILLER
THEN USE THE HIGH HEAT EXHAUST TAPE

and you could also use chicken wire to hold then togehter for now...
just do it right or you'll be fixing it everynight...

and how is it possible that you can make a CAD type diagram for the exhaust but you can;t figure out how to reggin rig it? :lol:

It is not exactly what your asking for, but this is what I did when I did my GSR swap (GSR's have a shorter header then other b-series which means there was a 6-12inch gap between the header and the cat (or somewhere in the line, you get the idea)

Anyways, I just went to a parts start (autozone, murary's, pepboys, ect) and bought some slip fit pipeing, and I had a exhaust pipe cutter (just a hand tool, much like a pipe cutter) and made this.

s3fd53040c8334.jpg

I cut a part out from an old catback, (the flange) then bolted that up to the cat, then put the slip fit pipeing over the flange, and cut a little off the catback, and for like $5, I made my exhaust fit, and 4 months later, it is still holding up. I have just a shitty exhaust shop cat back, so I was not worried about hacking it up much.

Back