How to destinguish cams?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcivicsi

Hey I bought a civic with a gsr swap and turbo'd it the question I have is that when I went to replace the timing belt and such I noticed the cam gears say pr3 on them..So my question is there a way to tell b16 cams from gsr cams also If they are b16 cams am I loosing anything over the gsr cams?Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks

You're losing 58whp by not using the GSR cam gears! Better switch today!

[/sarcasm]

People dont have to be smart asses..Why cant I get an intelligent answer from a grown individual?I wasnt talking bout the cam gears anyways I want to know about the cams who cares about the cam gears..I have just heard that the gsr cams have a diff overlap than b16's and are better on turbo'd cars..

So DONT post unless its a mature statement"Another words grow up" I just ask a simple question I didnt say It would give me alot more power Im just trying to figure out if the dude that had my car before put his b16 cams in out of the b16 he took out..

you'd make more power with the GSR cams but you are perfectly fine right now just using B16 cams. Using GSR cams are a cheap upgrade and i'm sure you'd notice a difference if you upgraded to GSR cams. Don't pay more than $100 for GSR cams. Anymore and it's not worth it...

This shows how to tell the difference... EG Tech

Calm your girly ass down. As they say, ask a stupid question...

You could've searched for the answer instead of waiting to be spoon fed the information. Of course B18C cams are more aggressive than B16 cams. As for how much power they'll add, it depends on the setup.

Stupid question?Sorry but maybe you have the wrong impression..A forum is for question For people that KNOW something to answer..If you thinks its stupid dont post!!I have searched also on here and other forums and came up with nothing I dont have the time to read a million posts to find the answer..

you'd make more power with the GSR cams but you are perfectly fine right now just using B16 cams. Using GSR cams are a cheap upgrade and i'm sure you'd notice a difference if you upgraded to GSR cams. Don't pay more than $100 for GSR cams. Anymore and it's not worth it...

This shows how to tell the difference... EG Tech

Thanks for your info and help..I appreciate it.

Hahahaha. Ok dude, whatever you say. I love it when n00bs tell me to be more helpful. :D

It took me three seconds to go to Crower.com to find this.
Stock Specs from Civic Si (B16A2)
Advertised Duration
Int- 284 mid
Exh-282 mid
Duration at .050"
Int- 224 mid
Exh-220 mid
Gross lift w/1.55
Int- 412 mid
Exh-379 mid
1x1.gif

Stock Specs from GSR (B18C1)
Advertised Duration
Int- 290 mid
Exh-292 mid
Duration at .050"
Int- 236 mid
Exh-224 mid
Gross Lift w/1.55
Int- 423 mid
Exh-378 mid
Which profile do you think makes more power? The only part of your quesiton that wasn't stupid was "how to tell them apart". :)

By the way, you might want to have a look down this forum to see what user names have been helping people. ;)

Ok but not a noob Ive been a member of this site for a while now..I just dont post much because usually I dont have questions!I didnt ask which one had bigger lift I ask HOW TO TELL THEM APART and if Im loosing anything If I have b16 cams..So you tell me smarty where that question says What kind of lift do the cams have?

Back