how to fit saab intercooler?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_si

ok so as some of you know i got a full saab turbo kit from this guy i know........now to fit this factory front mount (inlet and outlet on same side) i had to cut a square hole near the passenger side horn mounting location.....now the bumper support is hitting the cooler but needs just a bit to fit.....can i just cut the center of the support off and bolt the remaining sides to the bumper and bolt the ends back on to the frame? has anyone done this....i would really like to use this cooler because the inlet and outlet being on the same side means less piping and easy routing to the manifold.....anyone ever do this before?

Sure- you can do that. People do just about anything to fit intercoolers into the front of their cars. It may not be safe- but just make sure you get everything bolted back in nice and tight one way or another. You could also try just cutting out the bottom of the bumper support so that you still have some structure all the way across.

k, saab fanboy removed and posts deleted, continue discussion :)

Back