How To Get This Bolt Off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
urrrghhh, im so pissed, i was attempting to install my hasport mounts today to replace my shit place racing ones. easy right? think again. i jack the engine up on a jack and i start at the drivers side mount. i remove the mount, but i must also replace the engine bracket holding the mount to the engine so i can utilize the hasport mounts. so i get the mouth off. no problem, but then when i try to remove the bracket from the engine, it all goes down hill. now il working with a basic socket set and space is very tight. i find myself wailing on the wrench with a hammer to try and loosen these bolts, but not one of them will budge. luckily i was able to put it all back together to save for another day. how can i do this without taking the entire engine out of the car?

which mount is it that ur having trouble with?>??????????i have place racing now but soon im getting hasport and its not too difficult
i just took my rear one out today cuz it broke in half.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Apr 4 2003, 11:56 PM
breaker bar would be a good investment

when i did my swap...i broke 3 breakers bars trying to get the driver side axle nut off lol...the workers at sears were pretty pised off...that's what craftsman gets for giving a LT warranty lol...by the way...i have a mount kit that looks exactly like the place racing one...same weldings and everything...i haven't had a problem with them and neither are a couple of people i know...maybe it's just "place racing" themselves who make them crappy...and to help with your situation...just jack the motor up to where it barely moves...get a breaker bar with an impact socket on there...take the jack handle and stick it on the breaker bar...and viola!!!! it will break free...if it doesn't...your screwed :(

soak the bolt in WD-40, and then get a peice of pipe (poor mans breaker bar) to put over the socket wrech to extend the lever, and that should give you some more leverage on that... I have had to put a piece of piping over my breaker bar to remove axel bolts before, i would really suggest investing in a breaker bar...
Good Luck...

you see guys i dont think that a breaker bar would fit into the space im trying to work in. there was just enough room for me to get the socket wrench in there, but ill spray some pentrating lube on there and extend my ratchet

and civic_88ls the mount that im having trouble with is the drivers side mount. not the mount itself but the bracket that is held to the engine block by 3 screws. in case you didnt know, you must replace this mount to use the hasport mounts with the b18c engine

just an update, just bought a breaker bar and a 1/2" torque wrench with some impact sockets, so fuck you bolts, you're comming off!!!

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 6 2003, 03:56 AM
just an update, just bought a breaker bar and a 1/2" torque wrench with some impact sockets, so fuck you bolts, you're comming off!!!

Be careful that you don't break off the bolts,that is bad.

yea i know, but the bolts look to be in good shape, they are just so damn tight

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 5 2003, 02:41 PM

and civic_88ls the mount that im having trouble with is the drivers side mount. not the mount itself but the bracket that is held to the engine block by 3 screws. in case you didnt know, you must replace this mount to use the hasport mounts with the b18c engine

oh ok, i didnt know u had to replace the bracket. learn something new every day. learn alot of things new on this site everyday.

Still working on it, eh? I think you were having the some problem last night when I talked to you :lol: I swapped brackets using air tools while the motor was still out of the car, but I know-- hindsight is 20/20.

Anyway, at least you can't blame it on the bracket I sent you :D Good luck, man.

Back