1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to H2B swap???

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by TooDrAztiK EG, Apr 3, 2009.

1. TooDrAztiK EG

TooDrAztiK EG New Member

I have a 95 civic ex that i plan on swapping my H22a with a b series transmission into.I've searched for a while on here trying to find something out.but i dont know if i am using the correct keywords.I have the Evolution h2b kit and everything else i need except for Clutch,Tranny,& Axles.I also have Stage 2 Crower cams,Crower valves,& Sk2 cam gears.I want to do the whole build by myself and was wondering if anybody could help out with how to do this,or at least point me in the direction of how.I appreciate those who do help me.Thanks.

-Dom

2. Z6CRX

Z6CRX übber ɐɾuıu etarip

put it together, you need a b series hydraulic transmission with a B series clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, along with a B series starter.

Other than that, put it together. The alternator may need to be relocated for clearance.

As far as building the head, pretty much like any other Honda DOHC head build.

3. noremorseracing

noremorseracing New Member

alternator should fit no problem i had a h22 swapped in a eg hatch without h2b and the alternator never had a clearence issue

4. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

Using the b-series transmission tilts the engine forward which causes problems.

5. hibdew

hibdew New Member

what problems does the h2b cause?

6. lostsoulzprophet

lostsoulzprophet delslow

what problems do they cause. depends on how u drive. mounts tend to vibrate the car alot. can go through tires from spinning to much if u drive hard. . lol. they hold up fine if u drive properly.

7. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Mounts are only a problem if you design/install them wrong. There's nothing unique in an H2B setup that would cause the mounts to give you trouble on its own.

8. lostsoulzprophet

lostsoulzprophet delslow

yea. most kits come with the solid aluminum ones. but eh most h2b are for strip so shouldnt matter

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted