how to install the aem intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tightcivicgirl

i have a short ram aem intake and i bascilly know a little about how to do it but there is this plug and i would like to know is there something from my motor that plugs into that plug becasue i have a 97 honda civic here are some pictures of the plug and intake THANKS for ya'll help i will really would appreciate it. :) i dont see a place where i can load some pictures up can u tell me how to do that too THANKS i'm new to this site

There should be 2 holes on the intake, right next to each other. One is a nipple, that connects to the hose that runs to the intake manifold. The other (I believe this one is the 'plug' that you're talking about) is where the IAT sensor plugs in. It's a 2-wire sensor that should go on the intake tube around 6" or so from the throttle body (I'm not sure of the exact measurement...something like 6" or so). The wires are red with a white stripe and green with a white stripe, if memory serves me correctly.

:)

on my short ram, i have a vacuum line running from the intake to the valve cover. Should we have the IAT sensor in aftermarket intake? Or should it remained plugged?

You should have a vacuum line AND an IAT sensor if your car is OBD2 (96-up). If it's OBD1 or OBD0 (pre-96), then the IAT is on the intake manifold, and you should only have the vacuum line on the intake manifold.

Back