How to make a homemake Kill switch??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Buy a switch and splice it into a wire that will prevent the car from starting. I am not going to start mentioning places not to give them to thieves.

take ecu out with you. no matter what they do it wont start.

hahahaha,
splice a switch into one of the starter wires to the radio, then you car will only start with the radio on, or do something even less obvious...like a blinker, or high beams.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 21 2003, 11:22 PM

hahahaha,
splice a switch into one of the starter wires to the radio, then you car will only start with the radio on, or do something even less obvious...like a blinker, or high beams.

can you paint create a diagram for this?? sounds intresting.

Originally posted by highperboi@Dec 21 2003, 11:11 PM

haha I always just cut power to it, but thats a good idea too!

A guy i work with at circuit city actually figured out a way to take 2 relays and make it so that you have to push in your cigarette lighter to start the car, and once it's started, it functions just like normal.

same thing with my idea, except u just have the radio or blinker on to engage the starter, i guess i can try makin a diagram, its not gonna be good though.

isnt there a plastic plug in the harness somewhere if you take it off ur car wont start...top of the bay driverside?

There's tons of ways you could do this. Basically the idea is very simple. Find a wire that helps the vehicle start, and put something in to block that flow of energy unless you do someting. This could be with a switch, button, blinker, etc. Just use your imagintation and find a place that a thief wouldn't think to look.

i did a very basic kill swicth that dosent require a lot of work. Just get a swicth splice one end of a wire to the coil and connect to one end of the swicth then get the other half of the wire and connect i to the oher side of the swicth and from there put the swicth were ever you like.

(but this is for older car models that come with only one factory coil sitting on top of he distributor)
and i did this on my 76 chevy blazer.

Back