How-to ? Rear lower tie bar.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ovcrash

Hi,
Is there any place on the web, that has a How-to on how to install a rear lower tie bar on a 97 Prelude?
If no, any one could help on the install process?

Thank you very much.

Never installed one on a prelude, but take it, hold it up inbetween the LCAs, once you find hte two bolts that mtch the holes, remove them, place tie bar in place, and bolt it in. Way over simplified, but that's hte idea.

thank you very much. i'll try to take some pics when installed, so maybe in the futur it could help some people.

just use ALOT of penatrating lube before you take those bolts off (probally rusted pretty bad) then when you reasemble, put some antiseize on the threads so it will be easier next time

also, i heard you want to jack the rear end up on jack stands, and then use your jack to support your lca when you remove teh bolt so it doesn't move down.

yea if there is weight on the suspension, they will move up or down. you may want to take the wheels off just so you have less weight on your suspension.

Well i jack the car up, and didn't find anywhere to put it...there's like no bolt that match up. And i'm 100% sure that's it's the good bar...
i'll keep looking on the net, maybe there's a place that has a how-to...

Thanks again guys!

Look where your lower control arms bolt to the frame of the car- that's where the tie bar is supposed to bolt up.

also, i heard you want to jack the rear end up on jack stands, and then use your jack to support your lca when you remove teh bolt so it doesn't move down.

Exactly what i did on my 91 hatch... Actually was a pretty quick job.

Back