How to remove cluster gauge?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nuke209

Anyone have the instructions on how to remove the cluster gauge?
It'd be really helpful with pictures too

Please help? :ph34r:

are you kidding me?? are you that dumb that you wont even say what kind of car it is ?

its called a helms manual. id grab one of those if you want the play by play with pictures!

i cant be bothered with a question as general as that. i need you to be a little more vague.

Quoted post[/post]]i cant be bothered with a question as general as that. i need you to be a little more vague.

So don't reply to the thread, assbucket.

I'm guessing you're asking how to remove the gauge cluster...on most Honda's there's a plastic piece around the cluster that's held on with 2 screws on the upper underside of the plastic piece. Remove those 2 screws, remove the plastic piece, and then remove the 4 screws holding the cluster in. On older civics and crx's you'd have to remove the entire cluster cover, via 2 screws on the dash closest to the windshield, and 2 more screws on the lower right and lower left sides of the cluster cover. 92-95 civics have the 2 screws above the cluster, along with a screw that's beind the emergency flasher switch.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]i cant be bothered with a question as general as that. i need you to be a little more vague.

I'm guessing you're asking how to remove the gauge cluster...on most Honda's there's a plastic piece around the cluster that's held on with 2 screws on the upper underside of the plastic piece. Remove those 2 screws, remove the plastic piece, and then remove the 4 screws holding the cluster in. On older civics and crx's you'd have to remove the entire cluster cover, via 2 screws on the dash closest to the windshield, and 2 more screws on the lower right and lower left sides of the cluster cover. 92-95 civics have the 2 screws above the cluster, along with a screw that's beind the emergency flasher switch.

thanks for replying nicely

and to DelSlo, sorry if i pissed you off :p by not telling you what kind of car i have, I have a civic 95 dx hatch, ok? geez

Quoted post[/post]]

thanks for replying nicely

and to DelSlo, sorry if i pissed you off :p by not telling you what kind of car i have, I have a civic 95 dx hatch, ok? geez
yea thats easy... just remove the plastic piece that has the vents.. unscrew the 4 screws holding the cluster in.. and there are three plugs on the back, just unplug them.. and wala.. your done

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

How do you spell "hypocrite?" c-i-v-i-c-i-o-u-s What turned you into Mr. Nice Explanation guy all of a sudden? :huh:

When I flame, I have reason.

You posting 30 zillion threads about retarded shit like your new shift knob (without pics, even) constitutes flaming.

Someone asking how to remove a gauge cluster, albeit they're probably just going to install shitty JDM 2 Fast 2 Curious indiglo gauges, does not constitute flaming.

Back into your cage, monkey boy.

yeah its simple to do... but i broke that damn flange behind the hazard switch on both of my 5th gen civics. You dont need it :) But if you are taking out your cluster dont take off the needles. I did and my speedometer was off by 8ish m.p.h. and my gas guage broke. If you are going to install indiglos trim the hole around the needle alittle more and slide the guage face over the needle. And put the screws threw the new face. You trim it so you dont hold the needles down due to the tightness.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

How do you spell "hypocrite?" c-i-v-i-c-i-o-u-s What turned you into Mr. Nice Explanation guy all of a sudden? :huh:

When I flame, I have reason.

You posting 30 zillion threads about retarded shit like your new shift knob (without pics, even) constitutes flaming.

Someone asking how to remove a gauge cluster, albeit they're probably just going to install shitty JDM 2 Fast 2 Curious indiglo gauges, does not constitute flaming.

Back into your cage, monkey boy.

just to let you know, it's not installing any indiglo stuff, we're checking to see if any wires are lose or something because on my old engine, speedo worked and didn't work, and after swap, same problem, exact same problem, we just dont want to jump and buy a new vss and find out it's just something that needs to be reconnected tightly

Back