How to Rig up Power Steering?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceras

Ok I have a 1997 Civic CX with a D16Y8 In it and it has no Power steering when I purchase my B18 that comes with a power steering pump! What else do I have to get to give myself Power steering??? Is there Hoses I need to buy??? And How do I install it?

Also the Same with ABS i dont have it and I would like it

Thanks in Advance everyone that posts!

bahahahahhahahahahhaha

hahahahhahahahahhahahaha

i think you need the whole rack and pinion from a car that equipped, as well as all hoses and ps fluid resevoirs...

ABS?? good fucking luck
you need the module, computer, sensors on all 4 wheels, all the wiring

get a car with this shit if you want it so bad...

Don't even attempt it, it's worthless shit. PS just draws power and gives you an unrealistic feel.

ABS will actually increase your stopping distance...Do you really want that? There is absolutely no advantage to it since you live in an area where you don't have snow. In snow I can say it makes a difference, in rain it's garbage, in dry it's worthless weight and added stopping distance. If you're worried about stopping get some good pads and good tires.

ABS is not worth the effort. I had to replace the steering rack it wasn't that bad. I would do the powersteering if you really want it, but stay away not today abs install.

Hey i like my power steering...lol but yeah man don't bother messing with that if you don't have it; it is ok if you want it sell the car and buy one with it way to much of a headache man way to much

my del sol was originally an S model....no power steering...what does my car have now??? power steeering, lol. not as hard as you think, get a rack for the car that is power steering, use your b series pump and youll need a high pressure b series line from the year integra that hte motor is from... the other return lines you can order if you want, alot more money, personally if you got a line flaring kit and the know how, just make your own lines out of aluminum fuel line, flare the ends with the correct fittings that will screw into your power steering rack, plug it all into your pump and resevoir and voila, power steering, again if you are not that mechanically inclined, i wouldnt bother goin through the headache, but you could get a shop to do it for ya im sure, not an uncommon thing,

if iwas keepin this 94 hatchback i just bought id be puttin power steering on it as well since i got an extra d series pump!

uhhmmm, RIIIIGHT.

I still stand by my comment, it's worthless.

Civics really don't need power steering, adding it to one without it is stupid, the wheel is SO easy to turn even at a dead stop.

Back