How to tell if a MC is ABS or not.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LudeBoy

Slave to the EF
I picked up a 15/16 from a 88-91 SI Lude. The bolt pattern is the same to bolt up to my 91 DX Booster. Just want to make sure the thing will work as I can't have much downtime on my daily.

Just an idea but you might be able to look up the part number for the 88-91 lude MC and compare that to the part number for the 91 DX booster.

EDIT:
Well I just checked out hondaautomotiveparts.com for ya and looked up the part numbers and it seems that the CRX Part # is 86351 and the Prelude Part # is 75825. Im not even sure if that was a good idea to try but I thought id throw it out there.

abs doesn't really matter....

1 hardline will need to be bent. don't kink it.

Honestly, you're better off returning it or ebaying it, and buying a 91 civic sedan ex (only the sedan 4-door is 15/16) and it will bolt right in, including the hardlines.

in the future, ask first, buy later.

Quoted post[/post]]
abs doesn't really matter....

1 hardline will need to be bent. don't kink it.

Honestly, you're better off returning it or ebaying it, and buying a 91 civic sedan ex (only the sedan 4-door is 15/16) and it will bolt right in, including the hardlines.

in the future, ask first, buy later.

I made an unexpected trip to the yard and came out with a ton of shit... But yeah, asking first is always a good idea. The MC has the same bolt pattern and looks to even have the same line placement. Just not sure if the metal cylinder will fit in brake booster as it should... I will let you guys know when I give it a shot in a cpl weeks.

The diffrence between abs MC's compared to integras and civics (becides having diffrent bolt patterns) are that the ABS units have a diffrent size rear line thus if you want to install it on your car, you will need to cut and reflare a line. As everyone has mentioned the 91ex unit is the one to get.

Back