how to tell what heads are on my engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chacal06

Hey people I have a problem I got a b18b1 but it has different heads...al I kno its vtec but I don't kno what they are I need to find out so I can get the head gasket !! Plz any lil help is thankful !!

Use the head gasket that goes with the block, the LS gasket. Check the FAQ articles on building LS/VTEC engines for more information...

oh i mess up i thought it was head seals but it was really the cam seals or something like that i feel st*p*d but thanks for the info... but i still need to know if there is any way i can tell what type of heads they are

Well, you can look on the outside of the head for a casting. Look for things like P72, PR3, etc.

Koo thanks really helpfull !! Will this have anything to do with the type of cam seals that I need to get ??

I dont know if the seals are different between the gsr and b16 head, but if you say you need seals for a 99 civic si (if you are in the states) you'll get what you need. Otherwise, figure out what had a b16a engine in your area.

Back