How To

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92dxhatch

hey, just recently purchaced Eibach sportline springs, KYB AGX adjustable shocks, and the alignment kits for camber for a 92 civic dx hatchback, i have never changed out suspension before, and am mechanicaly inclined, and would like to try it. i aks if you could give me any instructions on where to start and what tools and equipment i might need. any links and sites refering to this topic would be greatly appreciated, thank you

the problem with doing suspension is that you need a spring compressor.
you could just go to a shop and have them do it, but you need the top hats, etc from your stock suspension parts to put it all together, so unless you have a spare car, you're kinda scrweed.
some auto places rent them. but they suck. you really want to use a wal-mounted one.

for the fronts theres always the half assed way shooting the spring off while its on the car! but not recommended tho its how i did it - the new springs will be short enough so that it dosnt need to me compressed to be put on -

ACCTUALLY I HAVE A SPRING COMPRESSOR, AND A FULL CAR LIFT AT A LOCAL HOBBIE SHOP, I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED, JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO TAKE OFF AND WHAT NOT TO, BECAUSE IF I JUST GET IN THERE, I'M GONNA TAKE HOURS, BECAUSE IT'S THE FIRST TIME. SO YEAH, THATS WHERE I'M AT

U gotta love the help the newbies get on this site huh? LOL... As for the suspension its nothing more than sockets and wrenches. The front is easily removed with two 14mm nuts on the shock tower under the hood, then a 14mm bolt on the lower fork that bolts to the bottom of the shock, after that a 17mm nut and bolt from the bottom of the fork. Push the rotor down and remove the fork and then remove the spring and shock together. Rear is similar remove the same 14mm nuts from the top inside the car, remove the lower shock bolt, then remove the bolt on the on the lower arm that connects to the trailing arm, push the lower arm out of the way and then pull shock/spring out. Hope this helps.

Back