1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

I wonder what it could be. I had a Sony Cd player in my car, then I took it out becuase the rear speakers weren't working, so I put in a stock Acura stereo, and they still dont work, they arent unplugged, or anything not at the H/U, or at the speakers. What is the problem and how do I fix it?

2. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

fried wires.. are they stock speakers??.. and how old are they. The coil coulda burned up inside em

3. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

Try someone elses speakers to see if they work, yours could be fried.

4. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

What if I unplugged the speakers out of the front and moved em to the back. They arent that old, they are Pioneer 2 ways... T16055 or something, not too old. WEll thanks guys, I guess Ill try that. Later

5. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

Your system could not be grounded properly.

When you turn the ignition, do you hear a *pop* from the rear speakers?

If you do, then your speakers are fine.

If not, then theres your problem.

6. MaliWho97

MaliWho97 Senior Member

To check the rear speakers, which are the ones in the stock location I assume, take a 9 volt battery and a 6" piece of speaker wire. Place the + speaker wire on the + Battery side, and the - speaker wire on the - battery side. Then touch the other end of the speaker wires to the speakers + & - wires. If you hear a click, they work, if you don't, they don't work. If they do work, pull your headunit out and find the 4 rear speaker wires, 2 positives and 2 negatives, and touch the wires there to see if they click. If not, the wires are fried......

7. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

hmmm, well you all were wrong... I didnt hook up the rear speakers on the harness... ha ha ha. Sorry guys.. and I have no system... just front nad back speakers... NO beats what so ever. :p

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted