hydro tranny, can it be converted?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20crx

I was trying to sell my hydro tranny that came off my z6 so that I could buy a cable tranny, but i pulled the hydro stuff off and it looks like it just comes down to fabing a bracket to use the cable to swing the arm instead of the plunger used by the hydro system. i haven't heard much about this being done so i have a couple questions. has anyone attempted this before and if so, how did it go? also, is the stock tranny off of a z6 motor a good tranny in respect to gear ratios and such? and also, is there anything else i should be concerned with when i fab this up because beyond the bracket, everything looks fine. and last of all, if i just get the bracket off a cable tranny, will it bolt up to the two holes for the cylinder?

thanks bro, that helped a lot. now i'm just wondering what all the other stuff was, i know you have to build a bracket for the cable but whats all the other crap :confused:

clutch master conversion

innovative mounts makes a cool clutch master cylinder thats operated by the stock clutch cable. it mounts down on the lower core support. still uses your clutch slave cyl. from the people i've talked to that have used both(hydro& lever) the hydro you dont have to granny shift. i'm putting one in my 1st.gen teg. its got a s80 lsd. hyd www.innovativemounts.com/productdetails.asp?productcode=41001

Last edited:
innovative mounts makes a cool clutch master cylinder thats operated by the stock clutch cable. it mounts down on the lower core support. still uses your clutch slave cyl. from the people i've talked to that have used both(hydro& lever) the hydro you dont have to granny shift. i'm putting one in my 1st.gen teg. its got a s80 lsd. hyd www.innovativemounts.com/productdetails.asp?productcode=41001

so is that all that is needed to convert cable to hydro. trans in a crx?

Im lookin to do the same swap, so it appears this is what will be required, if you have the 250 plus ship or someone can fab their own.;)

Back