Hydro !YS1??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stivic

I thought all YS1s were cable but apparently mines hydro, stamped YSK in a circle and beside it the number 1. It came on my JDM B18C swap, so I'm thinking someone may have combined 2 cases here one with the hydro connection and the shell part off of a YS1. IS that possible?
When I first got the swap the seller said it had no 5th gear so I took it to a trans shop about 2 years ago and had them rebuild it. Cost me 1,200.00 for all new gears I told them it was for a 94 Integra GSR.
Now I am however doing a turbo setup with the motor and I go to replace the stock LSD with a Quaife and neither 94-01 GSR LSD or 1 for a Ys1/B16 tranny will match up to the ring gear bolts.
That's really weird maybe because its like a hybrid transmission or something.
Anyway the shop it looks like screwed me because they just shoved the non-fitting GSR gears in there and now their stuck on the outer case and alot of the inner case has been shaved down for fitment and it looks like they may have cracked the case beating the gears in and welded it so its not noticable from the outside.
Tranny ran fine when I got it back though I had no complaints. But now wtf am I gonna do No Quaife will fit and I cant even get the gears out of the outer case to put it all back together with the stock LSD. Anyone have suggestions? I have pictures of the tranny just cant seem to insert them on there
Looks like I'll be buying a new transmission :(

a lot of parts inside a trans are pressed in, they arent stuck. you need a puller to get them out, you wont be able to take it apart with your hands. the YS1 is a cable trans. the YSK means nothing. i cant remember about the Quaife but you may need a different ring gear for it to work. or they sent you the wrong part.

Which side of the trans are the gears suppose to be pressesd in though, I thought when the side that bolts to the block is face down the gears go in that and the outer case just goes on as a cover but the gears on my tranny are shoved in that outer cover case..... or am I mistaken

well theres some snap rings and bolts you have to remove to be able to remove the outer cover. you cant just unbolt it from the bell housing and expect it to come off. i really dont know what you mean by "shoved in there". you cant just throw gears in the case and everything be fine. things have to be done precisly or it wont work. if you say the tranny worked fine after they were done with it then they must have done it correctly. id take the LSD back to them to install rather then you trying to do it yourself.

Back