Hydrolock

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolidDreamz

ok it flooded here real bad and In order for me to get off the interstate I had to go through like 2ft of water, I was scared for my engine since I have an intake above my tire. Anyway went through and made it but car ran like shit, was driving around and my clutch was engaging like I was dropping it. I get home and park when I decided to leave I started the car and it wouldnt go in to any gear with the clutch pressed in, it would grind the hell out of my fly wheel in reverse but still wouldnt go in. I turned off the car and it would go into any gear to my surprise it just wouldnt when car was running. I put it in rev and started the car and the car jumped but I just bumped it, then it was now locked in reverse, bumped the car again but while putting alot of force on the stick to force it out of gear. After that it came out of gear and tranny started working right. Did my tranny hydro lock since you have an opening near the bell housing where you can stick a screw driver in to lock the fly wheel or was it my clutch that locked up? Thanks sorry so long :)

my guess is that your tranny picked something up that was lodging itself in the tranny or shift linkage.

*hydrolocking*- this occurs when too much water is sucked into the engine and the water, oil, and fuel get in a big fight and the engine gets :owned:

so if your car is running then you didn't hydrolock.

and your flywheel wasnt locked cause if it were your cr wouldn't have started.

I understand the basis behind hydrolocking.....nevermind prob fixed.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Sep 16 2003, 11:50 AM

*hydrolocking*- this occurs when too much water is sucked into the engine and the water, oil, and fuel get in a big fight and the engine gets :owned:

LOL :bo: :lol: :bo: :lol:

Back