Hydrolocked B16a3 Pictures

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chet

today i got around to taking my old block apart...thought everyone would be interested to see what water can do to a motor...

s3eb2057194edc.jpg

s3eb20582dac2c.jpg

s3eb20596bbfe7.jpg

s3eb20561caa3c.jpg

s3eb205ac79300.jpg

i never knew water could do that much damage. i certainly didnt think water could put a hole in the block. or break rods.

i drove through a big puddle and i'd say 4 cups worth was sitting on top of the pistons when i first looked down onto the pistons...

overall though...its impossible to tell...although the smallest amount of water can still bend rods...i just happened to ingest more than the average...

were you using a filter? i didnt think that moch water could get in just from a puddle

yes, water does not compress as well as air

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+May 2 2003, 01:51 PM-->
Originally posted by kylemarhx@May 2 2003, 04:49 PM
B16
@May 2 2003, 04:45 PM
yes, water does not compress as well as air

i thought water didn't compress at all. :huh: .

it doesnt, its actually the most condensed form, since when you freeze it, water becomes a crystal and expands again.

sorry, i was being a smart ass :)

well, for practical purposes water doesn't compress.

i don't care about something scientists can accomplish in a lab...i'm concerned about the effect water has on a motor...

I'll post pics of my dead piston later tonight... it's out of the block and it's a lot worse than I thought. Let's have a "kablooie engine" day.

:lol:

ty chet!! sick pics.. maybe ill force water into my d motor before the swap just for fun, perhaps a hose right up the intake :lol:

Do it. Also run some of the liquid nitro methanol or what ever that stuff is. Make 4 little circles impression in your hood.

Back