Hyundai genesis coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If they get enough good reviews I think they have a chance, this isn't a car going after Accords and Camrys, it's going after the 3 series, A4 and IS250/350

100K mile warranty on what should be a highend car, could make it a car worth looking into.

If the coupe was offered with a 6 speed I'd look into it for a TL replacement.

"edit" saw that they did offer it in a 6 speed, when it comes out I'll have to check it out in person.

Last edited:
Looks pretty nice but i think ill wait 20 years before i look into one.

If they get enough good reviews I think they have a chance, this isn't a car going after Accords and Camrys, it's going after the 3 series, A4 and IS250/350

100K mile warranty on what should be a highend car, could make it a car worth looking into.

"edit" saw that they did offer it in a 6 speed, when it comes out I'll have to check it out in person.
Although, I slightly agree with your logic here. I'll say this.

The new TL is slick. My dad recently took his mdx in for service and they gave him a TL with all the bells and whistles. He was even impressed and he hates every sedan known to man besides the new s6. He was like for a FWD car it "was a rocket". Which is surprising to me, as he's driven the old one, and has a 07 MDX which has plenty of power for an suv.

it's quoted as going after the G37. i don't see that, but it's nice.

i sat in one doing the photo shoot at the seattle auto show. good, clean car. the only thing i didn't like was the craftsmanship. granted, it was a promo model. I think the stamp was #224 off the press.

anyway, the hood didn't line up perfect, the drivers door needed adjusting, the trunk had some funky spray.

but again, this isn't a production model for sale. it was for a show, so it didn't have the same QA check.

... which is what this model is coming out as....

it's overpriced, automatic, and has the 'rep' of hundai on it of being a cheap POS.

it will be an epic failure.

i'll buy a 135i for 45k, and get a manual, 50k of FREE service, and not lose much resale, not to mention tell bitches i drive a bmw instead of hundai.

sorry, you lose Hundai.

the genisis coupe come sin a 4 cyl turbo or a 6 cylinder 210 hp and 306 respectivly both come with 6 spd manual or 6 spd tiptronic and the 4 cyl turbo will start at around 23k and the only reason ppl associate hiundai with POS is the accent the rest of there cars are realy quite dec. but its all opinion the coupe wihll be cool in either motor trim

My buddy has a 03 tiburon GT V6 6 speed manual and there is nothing shitty about the car. Decent looking and its pretty quick.

B, Car and driver says the top of the line coupe will be less than 30k......

Also, I've driven one of the V8 versions...... it will run a high 13 second 1/4 time.... I want to repeat that.... its a Hyundai... it's stock... and itll run 13s........ This is not a Hyundai... I don't care what the sticker says or the badge on the front. It feels like a BMW, drives better than a Lexus, and goes like a V8 luxury car should......

It's.... almost nice...... AND ITS A HYUNDAI!!!

It does not seem all that bad. I just can't get past the hyundai part. Not knocking anybody that drives a hyundai or anything. I just think of scoupe's, excel's, and elantra's.

I just could not do a hyundai.

It does not seem all that bad. I just can't get past the hyundai part. Not knocking anybody that drives a hyundai or anything. I just think of scoupe's, excel's, and elantra's.

I just could not do a hyundai.

i had a 92 excel and it was actually a pretty fun car
i had a 03 or 04 elantra for a rental car for a few weeks and that was actually a really decent car (for an auto)
friend of mine had a scoupe... bout the same as the excel i had

they were not ultra tuneable with shit tons of aftermarket support... but for daily drivable cars i had no complaints on any of them... they were reliable, they got decent mileage, and they were enjoyable to drive

as far as the genesis goes... the sedan is actually really nice, havent driven one yet, but i got to sit in it at a show, and the interior and comfort is pretty nice... nicer than anything i sat in in the Honda or Acura stables
and the coupe looks decent... based on the videos it seems to perform quite well... i look forward to test driving one... im sure it will be better than Honda's 300hp RWD coupe... oh wait...

hyundai has come a long way since the 80s when they were making disposable shit boxes... but people cant get past the name... that is their biggest problem right now... most people still dont take them seriously... if hyundai put out a car tomorrow that beat the dog shit out of the GTR and still had their 10yr/100k warranty, people still would sit there and go "meh... its a hyundai"

the unfortunate reality is that most people care more about what label is on it than what it actually is
hell this is the entire reason why Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti exist... its just a way of getting brand whores to feel better about paying $50K+ for a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan

im sure it will be better than Honda's 300hp RWD coupe... oh wait...

thats what i'm saying....

slap a "powered by vtech" sticker on it and these guys would cream their pants.

p.s. i spelled "vtec" wrong on purpose.

I'm going to look at one when they hit the showrooms and see what the deal is

4 cyl turbo SE if anything

-also of note...the 4 cyl motor is a de-tuned 4B11T out of the Evo X mounted longitudinally

Last edited:
i had a 92 excel and it was actually a pretty fun car
i had a 03 or 04 elantra for a rental car for a few weeks and that was actually a really decent car (for an auto)
friend of mine had a scoupe... bout the same as the excel i had

they were not ultra tuneable with shit tons of aftermarket support... but for daily drivable cars i had no complaints on any of them... they were reliable, they got decent mileage, and they were enjoyable to drive

as far as the genesis goes... the sedan is actually really nice, havent driven one yet, but i got to sit in it at a show, and the interior and comfort is pretty nice... nicer than anything i sat in in the Honda or Acura stables
and the coupe looks decent... based on the videos it seems to perform quite well... i look forward to test driving one... im sure it will be better than Honda's 300hp RWD coupe... oh wait...

hyundai has come a long way since the 80s when they were making disposable shit boxes... but people cant get past the name... that is their biggest problem right now... most people still dont take them seriously... if hyundai put out a car tomorrow that beat the dog shit out of the GTR and still had their 10yr/100k warranty, people still would sit there and go "meh... its a hyundai"

the unfortunate reality is that most people care more about what label is on it than what it actually is
hell this is the entire reason why Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti exist... its just a way of getting brand whores to feel better about paying $50K+ for a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan

You are def right on the whole name thing! I did see one in a showroom today. I was very impressed. I asked about driving it. They said you had to be a serious buyer in order to test drive. I figured that!

I take back my earlier statement. I could prolly do a hyundia!

There's probably less "luxury" items and cheaper model is probably the turbo-4 vs. the V6(which is lowest one you can get on the sedan).

:werd:

asset_upload_file447_21969.gif

asset_upload_file475_21969.gif

Compare Trims

usually the sedan is cheaper.

and with a 32,250 base price, there's easily 6grand in options...

i'm still buying a 135i for a few bucks more.

meh, screw the 135. it's the size of a civic only with better options and more money.

for $30k, there isnt' a lot out there worth buying. it's either something economical for $20k or something nice for $45+. the middle ground sucks.

... and 100 more hp, 150 more lb/ft, rwd, etc etc......

for 30k, i think the evo gsr still has the market by the horns... oh wait, that's a dodge slogan. ehh, dodge, dsm. same thing

Back