I am at wits end...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oh yeah- none of my pX are covered over $50. that's their max payout. lol

if i didn't drive liek a fucktard and risk getting hurt all the time, id cancel it in a second... its so not worth my money. $5k paid out last year... used it never.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 30 2003, 08:13 AM
i have been, and asked you several times to get me in there... lol but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo :D

i told you before there are no openings for IT :( unless you have 10+ years experience! :(:(:(

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Sep 30 2003, 08:20 AM
My wife works for Anthem (bcbs) and we have insurenace thru her company and they rule, they pay every claim we've ever sent in.

I've had Aetna before and they are 2nd best to Anthem, My father who has Aetna thru his work with 6 dependents has had nothing but trouble with them. He has always had to tough out a battle getting his claims paid.

and for the $11 difference you'd be stupid not to go with the lower detuctable.
do these plans have a RX plan ?? does the price of meds go toward your deductable ??
do the deductable include emergency room visits?? not just your typical office exam before the insurance company kicks in. which one has the better co-pays ??

that's the stuff I'd be looking into.

oh how often are you pay periods ?? I'll assume every two weeks, which means your getting raped for insurance.

Anthem actually pays my wife $60 a month to insure her and myself under a HMO w/ $15 co-pays, and RX coverage as well. no deductable.

I have an Rx Plan through Medco Health, I have a $10 co-pay with them, that has not changed. THe Meds do not go towards the deductible. Teh plan will be a coinsurance type plan if I need to go to the e-room. And that does go towards my deductible and OUT of pocket maximum (2k). Both plans are Identical, same coverages, same everything, just different names, which basically boils down to the customer service/claim issues between both compaines. The figures that I spouted off previously included bought 5 days PTO, 70% LTD. The insurance portion alone comes out to be about $40 bux for the $400 deductible per pay period, I get paid two times a month, the 15th and last day of the month.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Sep 30 2003, 09:42 AM
re-read mine post since I editied it.

:cliffs:
:thumbsup: Anthem
:thumbsdown: Aetna

i disagree

anthem blows chucky campbles soup (maybe its cuz she works there that you guys get a better plan?

We get a better plan because she works there and they are a very large company.
Same reason your father gets a kick ass plan from his job.

compaired to were I work with 17 people I was paying $75 a month out of pocket (work was covering another $125), for a $20 co-pay, a shitty RX plan $30 co-pay, no dental, limited vision, and it was with anthem, from my work.

It all comes down to the size of the company and how much business it is giving an insurer.

So I'll stick to my original thoughts and say
:thumbsup: Anthem
:thumbsdown: Aetna

from my experience with both companies

Back