I am needing some help REAL BAD!!!!which way to go

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmking

I am needing some help REAL BAD!!!! I have not gotten a car yet because I want to run high 12's and rev to 10,000RPM's and before I take the plunge I want to know how is the best way to get that,I want to keep my interior and I want a 1994 up integra...Should I go with GSR, GSR stroker, LS/Vtec,LS/vtec stroker,H22A,or H22A stroker or any of those with a turbo, and which tranny should I get??? I want to be able to drive this car on the street daily as well as drag race and actually take a corner or two...I have been doing mad research and have come up with sooo many options my head is spinning(very new to acura,honda) I want to do this right the first time and money is not a real concern,please give me your opinions and let me know if I am dreaming or is this a real possibility...Thanks in advance

I found a car with a LS/vtec overbore with a turbo for 12,600 but not sure if that will give me what I am looking for... I have just about 12,000(that includes buying the car) and want to do this right... thanks

well sleepn,I already have 2,(ROFL) so I am dreaming then...I know that there are tegs out there that rev to 10,000 and I also know that there are tegs that run 12's so I guess the most important thing is running 12's I want to beat mustangs, T/A's etc...

everyone on here will say h22 will make you not be able to take any corners cause there ignorant. If money is really no concern then go with the big motor and upgrade the suspension like your sposed to and youll be able to take more than a few corners with the h.

o.k. maybe I shouldn't have made that joke.

Seriously though, what you're asking for is a lot and it depends on your point of view.

What do you consider 'good handling'? Stock feel? Better than stock?

Just upgrading suspension isn't going to negate the fact that the h22 is much heavier than a b18 and the weight distribution is different from the b18, so handling will be much different.

Just having a 'hard revving' motor isn't going to garuntee 12's. Further, what does your daily driving include?

I would suggest that you go with a b18c/c5 and use some stage 2 upgrades (this won't sacrifice the smoothness of the idle, which happens when you get more aggressive cams).

It's very possible to achieve 13's with a b18c5 in a regular DC integra with "minor upgrades". I don't think that revving to 10g should be a sticking point for you.

I would get a b18c and completely rework the head (my experience has taught me that it is often a waste of money to do much work on the c5, as the same results can often be achieved with a b18c). Maybe consider upgrading the pistons to get higher compression and that should help to knock 1-2 seconds off of your 1/4 mile with a minimal difference in drivability and longevity of the vehicle.

If you do your work right the car should be 'stock' in comfort and drivability.

What you are asking for is a lot, yeah most any motor can rev to 10k, but it will be hell on the internals. Here is what I suggest, get a GSR, and forget reving to 10,000rpm, it is stupid and pointless. Rev till your cams stop making power, and that is where your redline should be. On My current motor it is 6800rpm, but I can rev to 7200. When I dyno my b16 build up I will then find out where my redline should be. Build the motor first do your research look into cams, pistons, rods, if you want to bore out the motor, and see what kind of head work if any you want to do. You can get any almost any motor to run 12s, it is all how you go about it. Do some research stick around the site do your reading, and you will find out what you want to do with a car. Best of luck to you. :)

thanks for the replies...

what I really want to do is pull up to some of my friends(mustang freaks who HATE imports) in a 4 banger and waste their asses...I have about $12,000 to spend and that is including buying the car itself...That is why I am having problems...

Buy a crx hf for $1000 (like I did), swap in a b18c ($5000), bore and sleave it($1200), do some internal work/ lower compression ($2000), add some head work ($2000), custom turbo ($3000), hondata ($1000) and your set!! That setup could easily run 12s if tuned correctly.

[edit]damn I can't add thats way over $12,000 oh well, you could do something similar with a LOT less[/edit]

-OR- buy a h22 for $4k, invest in some drag slicks, use the $1k you save on suspension, do some head work and turbo and youll blow that little b out the water.
you b series fan boys can argue all you want but when setup correctly h is better. most of you guys say it suck for handling, well most put the right suspension on it and youll have a big competition

-yeah but the h22a is closed deck and you can't boost the hell out of it (because of the thing cylinder walls) like you can with a properly built b series- if you think about it bro, there is a guy running a 13.6 on a stock gsr in a stripped hatch

- strip your interior, swap in a gsr, do some research on turbos, and if you have the money, build the motor properly and boost- you should be into 12 second territory no problem, without revving to 10k

-just my 2 cents, mostly because that is the route i'm taking

Originally posted by H22AdelSol@Feb 25 2004, 12:48 AM
-OR- buy a h22 for $4k, invest in some drag slicks, use the $1k you save on suspension, do some head work and turbo and youll blow that little b out the water.
you b series fan boys can argue all you want but when setup correctly h is better. most of you guys say it suck for handling, well most put the right suspension on it and youll have a big competition

bring your H series sol to limerock and we will see what handles better
im not trying to start a flame war here or anything
its just simple phisics
if a car is more nose heavy it will NEVER corner as well as a car with less weight in the nose.... especially when the weight is in front of the axles (turning point)
H series civic/integra/sol/etc will ALWAYS have more understeer than a similarly setup B series civic/integra/sol/etc

for what you want to do, I would say this:

CRX gutted with an H series on spray.

man i say screw the H series my buddy put a lot of money into his H22 94 hatch, intake, header, exaust, cams, valve springs, and retainers. Then he took it to the dyno, and all he laid down was 170hp, and then on top of it, he got spanked by my buddies gsr crx with pretty much the same mods.

okay, did you want to stay all motor or turbo? either way, stay with B-series. H-series do not have NEARLY the support that the b-series have and they are a lot easier to work with. I say, buy gsr...84mm bore pistons, sleeved and a drag turbo kit...thats about 6,000 dollars for the bottom end and turbo. Buy a vafc and 450cc dsm injectors and run the hack...boost about 10 psi, and i am pretty sure you should hit 12's with decent driving.

well thanks everyone, everyone here seems very willing to help you out...There is alot to think about and you guys have given me alot to go with...Thanks everyone :worthy:

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Feb 25 2004, 08:12 AM
man i say screw the H series my buddy put a lot of money into his H22 94 hatch, intake, header, exaust, cams, valve springs, and retainers. Then he took it to the dyno, and all he laid down was 170hp, and then on top of it, he got spanked by my buddies gsr crx with pretty much the same mods.

something must not have been done right.. my stock h22a put out near 170whp.

if you have that much cash go to www.importbuilders.com They can build you a motor that can put down over 220 at the wheels with all new internals. It will cost you bit though. I agree to about the stock h22 puts down 164 and can usually get up into the 190 range with cams and type s pistons. If I was looking at spending that much money I would go to IB. Most of there engines can get you into the 12s.

Import builders have some good shit. And give up on the 10k revs.....very unrealistic and impractical.

I am realizing that, even though JG has a all motor B18 that revs to 10,500!!!!
I am on import builders site as i type this out...They have some killer engines and just reading up ontheir forum, not real hard to get into the 12's all motor and rev to 9400!!! That is close to 10,000 I'll take it :spin:

Back