I bought it you build it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sunnysideup

Okay people here it is I have a d16z6 that was having critical problems and is now torn apart. What I am asking from you is specifics, I am not an expert when it comes to d series and I am looking for honest helpful ideas. I am going to stay n/a d series and I have around 1800 total to throw into this motor, I want to know what you would build it with? Beadwork,injector sizes, pistons,rods,manifolds,exactly what you would do to build this motor.

Sunshine.

with 1800...staying n/a... sell the damn thing and find a cheap ITR swap, it'll be cheaper/cost effective/did I mention cheaper to get more power out of it right out of the box.
Gotta start with the write application for the right power goals, you will not be happy with 1800 thrown into a motor that will make 150hp at most.

its short for integra type r or a b18c5 (that was stock in that car)

I swear this forum is full of ignorant people...I ask a question, is it that hard to give a serious answer? Thank you reikoshea for a serious answer...as for the rest of you go drink bleach

see that's the problem. they've been mixing anti-freeze and wine for years....hence the problem.

well apparently the OP is the one drinking bleach..

you dont even know what engine codes are, the simplest form of modification. think fast and furious, when brian asked what engine he should put in his skyline - a gallo 6 or a gallo 12. hmm.

maybe you should put a gallo 12 in yours.

with 1800...staying n/a... sell the damn thing and find a cheap ITR swap, it'll be cheaper/cost effective/did I mention cheaper to get more power out of it right out of the box.
Gotta start with the write application for the right power goals, you will not be happy with 1800 thrown into a motor that will make 150hp at most.

When you find an ITR swap for $1,800 let me know, because you can't even get a longblock for that much, hell, it's hard to find a B16A complete swap for $1,800.

OP, I'd rebuild the D, and spend the left over piecing together a backyard turbo, and boost that dirty little bitch.

well thank you for the few people that can give a serious anwser to a question, and some of you may not relize but you dont know everything and your smart ass remarks make you seem more ignorant than the person that is trying to learn....either way i i have been into drifting so car is being sold as a package, the shell plus two complete swaps for 2000....turbo 2 rx7 build is underway rwd ftw\

4g63t done

there is your bang for buck. and you cant spend $1800 on a honda motor to reach those levels.

Call me crazy but Skylines had RB motors. For the OP sticking with NA with $1800 you should get some decent gains. Refresh the block new bearings, seals, bore over slightly, new higher compression pistons go for around 10:1-10.5:1 CR, have the head refreshed with a good valve job, upgrade springs and cam with a hotter cam, get a header, cat back and intake, Hondata S100 and a good tune. I have seem similar D16 setups make good numbers. Just keep in mind it is a single cam and is limited, no way it will come close to a B series with the same upgrades. But I have seem similar setups make B16 power.

Back