I got owned by a mail truck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I got hit by a mail truck. The guy backed into my car and as i came to my car i didnt think nothing of him driving quickly away. But anyway he left a dent in my drivers side door about the size of a quarter due to his high bumper it is in the middle of the door.(i suppose the bumper hit me) so i think i can pull it out. But my questions are... is pulling a dent out of a door hard? How can i do it myself? Do those "ding kings" work? And lastley(sp.) if i take it to a shop is there any ballpark price you think they will charge me? TIA [HS] :peace:

try a plunger first. they work well in pulling dents. OR you can go to somewhere like Auto Zone or Advance Auto Parts and get a dent puller. basically its a sucksion (sp?) cup with a handle on it.

oh and moving to the exterior section...

i figured it would be matenence but i guess i was wrong. Thanks for the quick reply but those dent pullers work? Do they leave a crease?

dude, contact the USPS and tell them the mail truck hit you. then contact your insurance company. they will take care of it for you.

that wont raise the insurance up? I dont want another claim. I already have a total.(damn hydroplanning) I will by one of those ding kings and try that out i think.

how big is the dent? a suction cup will work but the dent needs to be just right and it will still not make it perfect....if you take it to a shop your lookin at like 4- 5 bills depending on the damage

Go to the post office and find out who is assigned to that route for that time of day and then make that fucker pay for it and have it professionally pulled, and don't forget, now you need a paint job and a body kit. :D

i confronted the douschebag who hit my car and she denied it and drove off. So i called usps and had 2 of my co workers say they saw her hit my car. I said the dent is pretty big. So i know a friend who is going to hike up the estimate and i will give it to them. a new side skirt (just for money) And i need to paint the door, fender and quarter panel for paint blending. And say she cracked my side veiw mirror. I hate to do it but i could use the money.

good luck, hope you get to rob those fuckers.
i hate when that shit happens. when they fuckin deny it and drive off etc... why lie? bitches..
hope you get hooked up big time

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Jun 5 2004, 06:28 AM
i confronted the douschebag who hit my car and she denied it and drove off. So i called usps and had 2 of my co workers say they saw her hit my car. I said the dent is pretty big. So i know a friend who is going to hike up the estimate and i will give it to them. a new side skirt (just for money) And i need to paint the door, fender and quarter panel for paint blending. And say she cracked my side veiw mirror. I hate to do it but i could use the money.

Great, sure thing, do your part to increase insurance rates a little more because you want more than the $60 it would cost to have it proffesionally pulled, thanks.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 5 2004, 03:28 AM-->
FearDaGreenCivic
@Jun 5 2004, 06:28 AM
i confronted the douschebag who hit my car and she denied it and drove off. So i called usps and had 2 of my co workers say they saw her hit my car. I said the dent is pretty big. So i know a friend who is going to hike up the estimate and i will give it to them. a new side skirt (just for money) And i need to paint the door, fender and quarter panel for paint blending. And say she cracked my side veiw mirror.  I hate to do it but i could use the money.

Great, sure thing, do your part to increase insurance rates a little more because you want more than the $60 it would cost to have it proffesionally pulled, thanks.

Yea insurance fraud, nice... better hope you dont get caught... thats jail time.

Whos your insurance company, I may turn you in. This is bull shit... you didnt say anything about the coworkers seeing anything, having a friend hike up the cost isnt a good idea. Who cares if the paint doesnt match? How old are you, under 21? figures, always giving us that are under 21 and are honest about things like this a bad name.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 5 2004, 03:28 AM-->
FearDaGreenCivic
@Jun 5 2004, 06:28 AM

or these little jap highschool faggots in the so cali area the purposely commit insurance fraud in order to get a type r engine in their civic.

if i ever meet someone in my daily routine that admits to doing that, im going to write down their license plate number and turn those fucks in.

i am 20 and i need money because i live on my own and i am strapped for money. My insurance is already too high being i am 20. So no i am not trying to scammoney for a "type r" engine. I just want my car the the prestine condition i keep it in. It is all i hav. I have my car and my apartment. I can barely keep food in the house so yeah a little extra money would help. And if the mailwomen wants to lie then yeah i am going to get her back. And the estimate to pull it is almost 300 bucks. I want the paint blended so it doesnt look like crap. I got my car repainted when i bought it 2 years ago. So before you make fun of me and say oh you are under 21 you make a bad name for all under 21 know you facts. And i didnt know 2 of my co workers seen it. They told me the next day when i mentioned it to them. They didnt know if i would have cared. But i keep my car almost perfect and i want it to be returned the way it was the day it happened.

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Jun 5 2004, 10:52 AM
i am 20 and i need money because i live on my own and i am strapped for money. My insurance is already too high being i am 20. So no i am not trying to scammoney for a "type r" engine. I just want my car the the prestine condition i keep it in. It is all i hav. I have my car and my apartment. I can barely keep food in the house so yeah a little extra money would help. And if the mailwomen wants to lie then yeah i am going to get her back. And the estimate to pull it is almost 300 bucks. I want the paint blended so it doesnt look like crap. I got my car repainted when i bought it 2 years ago. So before you make fun of me and say oh you are under 21 you make a bad name for all under 21 know you facts. And i didnt know 2 of my co workers seen it. They told me the next day when i mentioned it to them. They didnt know if i would have cared. But i keep my car almost perfect and i want it to be returned the way it was the day it happened.

So i know a friend who is going to hike up the estimate and i will give it to them

nice try, but you seem to forgot that you made the above statement in an ealier post........

dont piss on my leg and tell me its raining you worthless fuckhole.

fucking kids.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Jun 5 2004, 11:29 AM
dont piss on my leg and tell me its raining you worthless fuckhole.

fucking kids.

Thats great... Hick up a price to get more money.

it not 300 to fix a quater sized dent it like 50 bucks a a good shop. And usps will have there own adjuster look at the car, then your gonna be big black bubba cell mate

How do you know how much he was quoted? You guys are just being dicks. I hope some big ass excursion with a trailer hitch back into your shit wait for you to come out, deny they did it, and drive off. Then you go pay $500 odd dollars to get that hole fixed... and then hope you can still afford rent and all that shit. Some of you people are probably still living at home with your parents and have money to blow like that.

and for that guy who said "don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining" that basically what happend to the thread starter. She him and told him she didn't. Hell, I'd get even too.

Fuck insurance rate hikes. Rates go off your age and your marital status thats why your parents shit is so cheap. Thats some pussy shit to whine about. You wanna race, you wanna drive fast. Buy insurance. You don't want to pay for insurance,move to fuckin Wisconsin where it isn't mandatory. By the way in the movie "Dogma" Wisconsin is likened to Hell. 120 degrees-100% humidity in the summer, 65 degrees below zero in the winter and loaded with fat bitches.
Have fun. :D

Back