i got to the track tonight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i did 4 runs total

my very FIRST ever run i did a 16.49 with a .537 R/T.
this run i did with a fat ass riding shot gun.

my best was a 15.88 with a .574 R/T. Im so proud of my lude. it rana 15.8, and my friend with a 99 Si with full exaust, CAI, header, cam gears (tuned by myself (ass dyno style)), clutch, Short shifter; ran a best of 15.3 today. ONLY A HALF SECOND FASTER than my lude, which is NON VTEC. Holy shit. i have Short ram intake (dont have the full CAI on right now), header, cam gears, and a muffler (it was like that when i bought it), Short shift (home made (no i didnt just cut the shifter))

My friend was like, "damn dude, i was expecting your car to run mid 16's." and i replied; "i was expecting low 17's..... 15.8!!!!!!!!!

for my very first time at the track, i would say thats pretty good. So what if the time is not STUPID FAST.. but yea, im so happy, im not that slow! :D

what your car run?

I found out last night that my local track is both up hill and 1500 ft vs the normal 1320.

:ph34r:

one 15.1, the rest consistant 15.2's

And the really funny part. I took everything out of my trunk (full size spare, my race supply box, ect) ran, got 15.2's, and on my last run, i threw the stuff back in my trunk, again ran a 15.2.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous+Apr 15 2004, 12:10 PM-->
Slammed90Lude
@Apr 15 2004, 09:54 AM
wtf- how can they can a track that's all fucked up like that?

:wtf: Que? :huh:

I think the second 'can' was supposed to be 'have'. :)

Joliet Raceway's 1/4 mile was just resurfaced... Perfectly flat. I'll finally have a car worth taking there this summer, too. :D

nhra3.jpg

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Apr 15 2004, 12:57 PM
The closest track to my house is Sacramento Raceway. Wednesday night drags. W00t!! Their track is at sea level. :thumbsup:

I'm thirty minutes from the track picture I posted above... The test and tune nights are on Tuesdays though, I'll have to haul ass from work to get there. :p

Originally posted by DarkHand+Apr 15 2004, 11:07 AM-->
Hatchbacks Anonymous
@Apr 15 2004, 12:57 PM
The closest track to my house is Sacramento Raceway. Wednesday night drags. W00t!! Their track is at sea level. :thumbsup:

I'm thirty minutes from the track picture I posted above... The test and tune nights are on Tuesdays though, I'll have to haul ass from work to get there. :p

You lucky bastard. The Sacramento Raceway track is like 2 1/2 hours away. Yikes!!

I would love to get off work, and hurry my ass to the local track to run my buddies!! That shit is tight!

I wish I could too, but Id be pushing my car there... cuase 1.) I cant drive no license, 2.) it doesn't have an engine.

Incredible!

This happened not 2 minutes ago: I'm sitting here at work, and a guy comes in to meet with one of the big wigs. I get to talking with him about the weather, how it's going to be nice this weekend, and I mention how that's a good thing since I'm going to the Mazda Rev It Up event this weekend. It turns out he owns a 68 Mustang with 1178hp that he built himself that he takes to Joliet raceway every few months or so and runs high 7's. :eek: :D

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 15 2004, 01:54 PM
wtf- how can they can a track that's all fucked up like that?

dude, I am joking. My time was just alot slower then what I thought it would be.

good job anthony...i need to see what mah Si will run with a cai and a heavy as fuck 10" sub in the trunk.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Apr 15 2004, 01:57 PM

thats where i ran. Its a pretty nice track. its only about an hour and a half from me includingh traffic, and a 40 mintue ride home ;) :D

Back