I has jaerb...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

240 is still very heavy for 5'9.

At that, nice tat. And congrats on the job. And hit up a nordstrom rack(not sure of locations down there). Awesome prices, or hit up your outlet malls? Michael Kors, Jones New York, 50% off at BP right now, cough*brooksbrothers*cough etc. I'm with ya. I have an odd frame 6'1, 180' and lean(not odd at all) and I like buying expensive clothes because they fit better(sarcasm intended).

Worst comes to worst, hit up a macy's and grab some CK or Alfani, mad cheap.

did they make you drink blood out of a human skull before they hired you? lol

Ya I just made the run of Macy's and got Perry Ellis and INC pants for $40 a piece and a CK shirt for $20. I should be good to go for a while. Apparently you can wear jeans on Friday too and I have lots of those.

And no to the blood. I have interviewed for jobs over the past ten months that made you do everything shy of that. However this whole thing took three days from a phone call and a resume, a face to face meeting with a recruiter, and a phone interview with a dept. mgr., an hour after which I got a call saying they wanted me to start Monday.

Speaking of which, today was the first day. Sat in a training room all day. It was teh boredoms. Otherwise good stuff. Mgr. is super nice and conscientious and the environment seems nice. Everyone seems pretty content.

I've worked at places where you can see the angst on everyone's faces when you walk through the door. Fortunately I don't get that vibe there.

Right on man.

I just started applying for some big boy corporate jobs. My construction company isn't booked out for the year so I'm getting worried.

Ya I just made the run of Macy's and got Perry Ellis and INC pants for $40 a piece and a CK shirt for $20. I should be good to go for a while. Apparently you can wear jeans on Friday too and I have lots of those.

Yeah, I was gonna say to go shop at CK. That's pretty much the only place I have bought clothes for work recently. You usually get a dress shirt and a pair of pants for $50. They always have like 40% off + at my store plus the preferred card.

congrats but im with them...im 6'1 230 at a 38 waste..and thats a little uncomfortable

The height makes a difference. Four inches may not seem like a lot, but it really is (that's what she said?). Three of the guys I work with are in the 6'1 - 6'3 range, and they all look reasonably skinny at 200+ and 36" waists. I'm 5'10" and I looked pretty fat at 200+ and a 36" waist...

Right on man.

I just started applying for some big boy corporate jobs. My construction company isn't booked out for the year so I'm getting worried.

Good luck. It is a tough road.

The height makes a difference. Four inches may not seem like a lot, but it really is (that's what she said?). Three of the guys I work with are in the 6'1 - 6'3 range, and they all look reasonably skinny at 200+ and 36" waists. I'm 5'10" and I looked pretty fat at 200+ and a 36" waist...

The biggest determining factor is muscle mass. Muscle is 18% more dense than fat. So by volume, it weighs more but takes up less space.

I have a lot of muscle and a little excess body fat but I wear it well. I have big shoulders and a big chest and a wide thick back and big arms and strong legs.

That is how I weigh 240 with a 36" waist. End of story. In the bar picture I weigh 235. Trust me, I don't look like I weigh that much.

Barry Sanders was 5'8", 200 lbs. super lean and really fucking fast. Why is it so infeasible that I can be an inch taller, bigger, with more body fat without looking lumpy or "uncomfortable"?

The biggest determining factor is muscle mass. Muscle is 18% more dense than fat. So by volume, it weighs more but takes up less space.

I have a lot of muscle and a little excess body fat but I wear it well. I have big shoulders and a big chest and a wide thick back and big arms and strong legs.

That is how I weigh 240 with a 36" waist. End of story. In the bar picture I weigh 235. Trust me, I don't look like I weigh that much.

Barry Sanders was 5'8", 200 lbs. super lean and really fucking fast. Why is it so infeasible that I can be an inch taller, bigger, with more body fat without looking lumpy or "uncomfortable"?

Yeah, I don't think that's infeasible at all. I understand that muscle weighs more then fat. I was just saying to Injen that it's understandable that his waist is bigger because he's taller. Taller people can weigh more and have bigger waists then smaller people but not necessarily look "fat" persay.

I myself have a difficult time with pants too. I really need a 31" length, but hardly anyone carries it. So it's either I go to a tailor or I wear pants that are slightly too short or too long. Damn long torso and short legs, lol.

Anyway, I don't think I actually said congrats on the new job? Congrats! :D

Back