I hate Cops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by DarkHand+Jan 2 2004, 04:46 PM-->
dinasty2003
@Jan 2 2004, 12:20 PM
I dunno where u guys are from but im from chicago and around here they have quotas!

Damn right.

I live in the Chicago suburbs... About 5 years ago my Mom was ticketed for doing 37 in a 35. If they don't have quotas I'll eat my hat. B)

what burb are ya from? a couple of my neighbors are from chicago suburbs, not sure which one know anyone that goes to UW-Madison?

Originally posted by xyswany+Jan 2 2004, 04:34 PM-->
Originally posted by DarkHand@Jan 2 2004, 04:46 PM
dinasty2003
@Jan 2 2004, 12:20 PM
I dunno where u guys are from but im from chicago and around here they have quotas!

Damn right.

I live in the Chicago suburbs... About 5 years ago my Mom was ticketed for doing 37 in a 35. If they don't have quotas I'll eat my hat. B)

what burb are ya from? a couple of my neighbors are from chicago suburbs, not sure which one know anyone that goes to UW-Madison?

Unincorperated Hinsdale, which is being annexed into either Burr Ridge or Willowbrook. I'm on the borger of about 23586 different towns though. :) Darien, Oakbrook, Downers Grove, and more I can't think of at the moment. :)

You know I bet that cop was out there writing your ticket, freezing his ass off thinking "I hate people that park illegaly, now I have to stand out here and do this damn paperwork". Here's an idea, don't break the law, I here doing that attracts police! :angry:

Umm, here in NJ they "say" it's illegal to have quotas, hmm..I got pulled over for doin 55 in a 50 at 3 in the morning. In the town over, you WILL get pulled over for just about any "illegal" (i use this loosely) thing you do..they will sit there and try to read you inspection stickers, tinted windows, LED washers, "blue" LED mirrors, doin 2 miles over the speed limit etc., this happens at all times of the day.

Now how are you going to say they don't have quotas when they pull someone over for having "blue" LED mirrors in BROAD daylight.

Nah, I'll pay whatever they make me pay, no doubt. I asked the cop to just lower the fine to a less dramatic charge so that I could just pay it. He said no, the bail for that offense is $250. If he gave me a $50 ticket for parking in a loading zone, I'd just pay it. But no, I gotta go to court just to get the judge to lower the fee.

Oh, and around here, they have what they call the "Night of a Thousand Stars".

They put it in the paper that the local police were actually shooting for one thousand tickets in the days right around Christmas and New Years.

Sounds a whole fucking lot like a quota to me.

Originally posted by tab@Jan 2 2004, 08:16 PM

Oh, and around here, they have what they call the "Night of a Thousand Stars".

They put it in the paper that the local police were actually shooting for one thousand tickets in the days right around Christmas and New Years.

See, that right there... that's the wrong direction. Instead of trying to break some record for the ammount of tickets they write (therefore stating that they are, indeed, NOT doing their job), they should have a "Silent Night" thing where they still uphold the law, but try for less tickets each year.

Thousand Stars- proves to the community just how unsafe it is.

Silent Night- proves to the community that all is well.

I really feel that 250 bucks is the deserved fine. As being handicapped sucks and one of the few perks that you get in life when you are disabled is that you can park up close at your destination. I am curious to hear if the judge actually lowers your fine, as you parked there and you knew from the start that it was an illegal place to park.

I am sensitive to handicapped parking, and truly did not believe that it was a handicapped space. As I stated earlier, I did not park over a handicap space, but a striped zone that I believed to be parking for Dept of Licensing testers.

I would never knowingly park in a disabled persons' spot.

I'm gonna take pictures of each spot and ask the cop to tell me the difference in the paintjobs on the ground. There is none.

I am not handicapped, but I was ignorant to the fact that a loading zone existed between two handicapped parking spaces.

I just don't see that flying in court.

Here's how it'd go:

Judge: So you parked in the handicapped loading zone designated nation wide with striped marks on the pavement, and while the fine as outlined in the lawbooks is $250, you feel that you're special enough to pay a lesser fine. Explain.

You: Well, y'see, yer highness, I thought it was for the Dept. of Licensing testers.

Judge: *gavel crash* The fine is set at $250. Next case.

Probably so, but I've been looking over our codes, and it's all about wording. I was not given a ticket for parking in a loading zone. I was given a ticket for parking in Handicapped parking. The cop already admitted to me over the phone that it's a loading zone, and our RCW(Revised Code of Washington) states that all handicapped parking spaces shall be designated by the blue and white wheelchair, and surrounded by a white stripe. Not Diagonal yellow. Mismarked. Wrong Ticket.

Fine me for the loading zone. Lesson learned, no matter what the outcome. But cops don't give *warnings* around here. Revenue.

its common knowlege that if the area is boxed off with diagonal stripes its a no parking area, for whatever reason (fire lanes, loading zones, etc etc)

now the fact that this no parking zone was in between 2 handicap spots (or next to a handicap spot) makes it a "loading zone" for the handicap spot... people in wheel chairs need extra space to navigate around cars... people on crutches sometimes need a little extra space... handicap vans often have lifts and need space for them... etc etc
THAT is what the yellow lined off sections are for next to the handicap spots.... not for some Dept. of Licensing asshats

cops don't have quotas

In all cases (nationwide) cops DO NOT have quotas. I know this because my uncle is very high up on the law enforcement ladder. However, in most precincts, they are STRONGLY URGED to make their salary in tickets. [/fuCk thE pOliCe]

Originally posted by timEspeed@Jan 3 2004, 02:14 AM
cops don't have quotas

In all cases (nationwide) cops DO NOT have quotas. I know this because my uncle is very high up on the law enforcement ladder. However, in most precincts, they are STRONGLY URGED to make their salary in tickets. [/fuCk thE pOliCe]

So because your uncle is a high ranking official in one police department, he has the knowledge of how 20928328393 different police departments work around the country? :blink: Is he the Grand PoPo? The Surveyor of all PoPos?

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 3 2004, 01:31 AM
its common knowlege that if the area is boxed off with diagonal stripes its a no parking area, for whatever reason (fire lanes, loading zones, etc etc)

now the fact that this no parking zone was in between 2 handicap spots (or next to a handicap spot) makes it a "loading zone" for the handicap spot... people in wheel chairs need extra space to navigate around cars... people on crutches sometimes need a little extra space... handicap vans often have lifts and need space for them... etc etc
THAT is what the yellow lined off sections are for next to the handicap spots.... not for some Dept. of Licensing asshats

Exactly the info I was looking for in this thread...

Also, did you know it is completely LEGAL for a handicapped equipped van to take up two parking spaces, provided the need is there for loading/unloading in a full parking lot? Yup.

I've got a good buddy who had such a van, and yuo = asshat for taking a spot he might have required for his wheelchair.

How could you NOT realize a BIGASS open space between handicapped parking spaces was for van access? DUH. :roll:

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Jan 3 2004, 04:22 AM
How could you NOT realize a BIGASS open space between handicapped parking spaces was for van access? DUH. :roll:

How? Because there were normal cars in the adjoining parking spaces, not vans. When we showed up and pulled into the parking space, I pulled through so that I was facing outward. I shut the door and walked towards the building. I didn't look for signs on either side of me. I saw them when I came out, but that's too late......
me=asshat for not looking around. Night time, New Years Day, in a hurry.

quotas are not legal to have, so instead they strongly persuade the officers to reach certain goals

Back