i hate machine shops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16ahatch

well i had my rods and pistons installed about 2 months ago, So Me and a buddy at a local shop decided to check and see how everything was doing. so we pulled the head off dropped the oil pan and checked the oil filter for metal shavings. Well we saw way to many damn metal shavings. Plus way to much rod bearing wear for only having 1000 miles on the motor.And to top that all off the idiot over bored my damn cylinders so now i gotta fork out the extra cash to take it to another machine shop get it resleeved, or get a bigger bore piston. Man this sucks ass. Well my question to you guys is what would you do, sleeve it, or bore it and put a bigger piston in? Its a b16 and i plan on running about 10 to 15 psi?

yea i was leaning towards sleeving. Man what pisses me off is that now im gonna have to brake the motor in all over again. Im so close to turbo but yet so far

I just have a question about the situation for you guys...

you all said to resleeve it. had he been n/a would you have said to put bigger pistons in because it would have displaced more and wouldn't have the added stress that 10-15psi of turbo would put on the motor?

basically did you tell him to resleeve it because he's running f/i and not n/a or would you have said to resleeve it even if he was n/a.

Usually if you are going with some form of forced induction sleeving is the best way to go. It adds some strength to your block to deal with the added pressure on the block. Usually when choosing to go N/A you could go either seelved or with bigger pistons. Bigger pistons are preffered when going N/A because of the higher displacement.

i already took the block back to the machine shop and he fed me a line of bull shit telling me everything was perfect. So i said fuck it im not gonna give this guy any hassle and have him fuck it up anymore then it already is

Originally posted by MXDesa@Jul 24 2003, 11:53 AM
Usually if you are going with some form of forced induction sleeving is the best way to go. It adds some strength to your block to deal with the added pressure on the block. Usually when choosing to go N/A you could go either seelved or with bigger pistons. Bigger pistons are preffered when going N/A because of the higher displacement.

thats what i thought, just making certain

if i were in ur place man i would have fucking killed every bastard in that shop that touched that car...but b4 i did that i would have killed their children ripped off their kids heads drank their blood in front of the mothers n then beat them w/ the lifeless corpse :)

Seek vengance resleeve...need a lawyer? my ma works for a good firm that could help u out but im in NJ n i think hes gonna be busy w/ my "little problem" lol

Best of luck 2 u

have vinyl graphics made for all your family and freinds cars and let everyone know they suck,non-fancy vinyl is cheap.a freind of mine did this to Quality Autosound in Denver for a crappy custom install and not 3 days later they were calling him telling him they would do whatever to make it right.

make sure you drive by the shop a few times at 10mph with your horn on.

I was reading karnash's hustler post and noticed a sign maker on the board,maybe he could help you.

well, i think that was a bad idea.

he won. you got owned

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 25 2003, 10:05 AM
take the ruined block and "airmail" it back to the shop through the front window.

:withstupid: Definitely a good plan.

Back