I Hate My Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civichx_360

i hate my engine in my 96 honda civic hx. I dont even know why honda wased their time on it. so now you know i hate it i want to know the easyiest swap to put in it. i was looking at a b18c5 but i dont know how hard it would be to put in and if it would work right. let me know where i can get install parts and bracets etc. oh and money is not a prob

Are you interested in turbo,or do you just want ot stick with a N/A motor?Do a little more research about what you want to do and check out prices and what not to get a better idea of what your into.

Hybrid Revolution
Hmotorsonline
Password jdm

These places sell motors and have specs posted,so you can check out what your looking for.But basically,any 96+ B series motor will drop in with relative ease and give you a nice boost inpower.

im looking at the b18c5 type r engine. i want to keep it all motor. what would i need to get it in as far as bracets, wiring harness etc. i also heard you need the integra radiator for it? im also having a hard time trying to find the bracets to get it in. thanks for the help

Originally posted by civichx_360@Mar 11 2003, 05:25 AM
im also having a hard time trying to find the bracets to get it in. thanks for the help

That's because you use the stock mounts.You also need to make sure and get the axles,shiftlinkage and all that good stuff most swaps come with.There are some details about wiring and what not,that I'll leave to others on the board,since I haven't done a ITR swap. :D

oh ok sounds good. i can get all that and shift linage etc in one big kit for about 4600. sounds high. let me know if u can get me a better price

Back