I hate READ HATE the electric co.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
Amount Now Due: 714.82 by 3/14/06

Thanks to their 21% rate increase and the twelvth month of my "budget plan." The reason I go on this plan is to avoid large bills like this during the fuking winter.

Ugh.

you're doing something wrong..... damn. my bill went up $11 with the rate increase, from 214 to 225.

my bill is never more than 100 bucks, and i have atleast 3 compys on at all times, electric water heater, and 2 or 3 lights on 24/7/

My power bill is $100. My oil bill, however, is $625 every fill up (Every 8 weeks in the winter) and that sucks. But I go the entire summer without using oil, so it actually comes out to nothing per month.

It's my phone bills that I can't fucking deal with anymore. $200 a month for that, and all my longdistance is done on the cell phone (To the tune of another $75 a month, so nothing is free). DSL / Satellite TV / Basic phone is $120 to start off.

Quoted post[/post]]
my bill is never more than 100 bucks, and i have atleast 3 compys on at all times, electric water heater, and 2 or 3 lights on 24/7/

do you have electric heat? steve and I both do. To counter that, my parents power bill was $65 last month, as they have oil heat. And i'm sure their house is 2-3 times the size of your apartment at the very least.

Quoted post[/post]]
My power bill is $100. My oil bill, however, is $625 every fill up (Every 8 weeks in the winter) and that sucks. But I go the entire summer without using oil, so it actually comes out to nothing per month.

8 weeks = 2 months, so thats 312.50 a month.

+ the 100 you're paying... so thats 400 a month.

who said oil heat was cheaper?

I won't be paying for heat in the summer either... so my bill will drop in half too...

It's my phone bills that I can't fucking deal with anymore. $200 a month for that, and all my longdistance is done on the cell phone (To the tune of another $75 a month, so nothing is free). DSL / Satellite TV / Basic phone is $120 to start off.

I hear ya. and it's exaclty why I don't have a house phone. I only use my cell for $75 a month after all the stupid taxes (up from 49.99 plan price)
cabletv/cable internet costs me 40 a month. but i got a good deal. :)

nah, i have GAS heat. one big stove that keeps my apartment at a nice 75-80 degrees at all times. $125/month.

Quoted post[/post]]
nah, i have GAS heat. one big stove that keeps my apartment at a nice 75-80 degrees at all times. $125/month.

so with gas heat and power you're right at where i am, 225 for ALL your power/heat utilities.
plus, my windows suck... and i don't have anything on them, so all the heat goes right out them.

Electric heat isn't that bad....

Oil isn't cheaper, It's the same. There is no one form that's cheaper than another.

If you think gas is cheap, I've got the inside track on natural gas and you're in for a shock.

Our electricity consumption is DOWN from last year at this timeframe by over 20kWh/day yet our bill is twice what it was for this time last year.

I'm calling and bitching to them when I get a chance as they haven't reassed our plan like they are supposed to every other month - as it is, once we start the new budget plan it goes up to 180 bucks. Luckily the cold weather is almost over and leaving the heat at 52 degrees will be welcomed.

Oh well - life is such.

And btw - I hope you aren't heating your appartment via your cooking stove - you're just asking for a fire.

Many older apartments and the like have a "Gas on Gas" stove. Half (Or less) of the actual stove is dedicated to heating the apartment. I've lived in many apartments that had that.

It's not terrible - but you have to keep it, the floor around it, and your kitchen spotlessly clean. And you've got to wash your dishes off before using them :)

you live in north carloina. you don't count. lol i wouldn't even have a heater/furnace if i lived down there...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

so with gas heat and power you're right at where i am, 225 for ALL your power/heat utilities.
plus, my windows suck... and i don't have anything on them, so all the heat goes right out them.

Electric heat isn't that bad....

yes but do you keep your condo at the temperature i keep my apartment? :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

8 weeks = 2 months, so thats 312.50 a month.

+ the 100 you're paying... so thats 400 a month.

who said oil heat was cheaper?

I won't be paying for heat in the summer either... so my bill will drop in half too...

Oil heat and hotwater.

Man my oil bill will average out to about $66 a month over the year, Filled up 265gal($525) Sept 12th 2005 , added another 150gal($312) on Jan 15th 2006, and I won't need oil again utill late september.

so I'll say oil is cheaper.

Quoted post[/post]]
yes but do you keep your condo at the temperature i keep my apartment? :)

i'd die if my place was 80. fuck that. my place is never warmer than 65...

Quoted post[/post]]
Man my oil bill will average out to about $66 a month over the year, Filled up 265gal($525) Sept 12th 2005 , added another 150gal($312) on Jan 15th 2006, and I won't need oil again utill late september.
so I'll say oil is cheaper.

ok, so 66 bucks a month + your power bill of what, 60? = 120 average through out the year?

if i'm paying 220 ish now a month, come summer, i guess my costs will drop in half too. its lighter later, so i don't need lights when i get home, i'll be out more and watching my tv less.... etc etc
so i still say its pretty even...

and if i had some better windows and a door to my garage/foyer area, i'd be a lot better off.

Lets put one in, the jamb is alredy there, you just need the steel door, hinges and door knob. Less than a 100 bucks plus added security/heating benefits :)

ass, that thing could be knocked out in 3 hours including spackle!

i've got the railing side of the lower half of the set to paint. the other walls are all done.

but its going to need a 2nd and probably 3rd coats. its not covering very well.

Back