I hate smog checks :/

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well...

I didnt pass smog. My shit is due on the 16, and this trip set me back about 80 bucks! So i am stuck.

With the Denatured alcohol i ran a 2:2 ratio, it was all i could do :/ i didnt have time to syphon my tank.

On the car, i changed the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and yea thats it.. o and one of the two O2 sensors.

SHIT!!!!!!!!!

I need a lot of help peoples, what can i do to MAKE this thing pass smog?!?!?!

could you drive out what's left in your tank, then put like 2 gallons of denatured alcohol in?

i tried that.. but my appiontment was at 4 and it was like 300 so i let the car idle for like a 1/2 hour and drove it for 15 with the heater on to be sure it wouldnt overheat

could you...like...make another appointment?

just drive everywhere in 2nd and 3rd gear, so it'll rev high and burn up gas. lol.

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 8 2003, 09:03 PM
could you...like...make another appointment?

just drive everywhere in 2nd and 3rd gear, so it'll rev high and burn up gas. lol.

yes but it cost 100 each time. In california, they now put your car on a dynow for the test. So it simulates driving.

WTF do i need to do to fix this thing?!?!

I assume it lowered your readings , but a 50/50 mix iisn't enough to be 100% effective

damn.....that sucks

here in texas, all you need to pass inspection is $12.50

a friend of mine has a tube-chassy dune buggy, with a 73 Porsche motor (im not sure what model, the one thats interchangeable with the VW bug), straight pipe, no windshield, etc...typical East Texas dune buggy. we got it insured and inspected, no problem...lol

thing doesn't even have a windshield.

east texas>cali

Back