I have $14k to spend....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CarNub

I was told the best car for my $14k would be a ...

I think you should get a eg hatch with a good body and good interior for 2500-4000 and then spend 4 getting a b18c or 4500. After that you are left with around 5k to spend. And since this is a NA post you could either work on the top or bottom end first. If you work on top end first i suggest you get valves,springs,retainers,cams, and cam gears installed. Then get a hondata and tune that mother. Or you can buy tires/rims, suspension, then i/h/e for your b18c and then what ever you have left get the retainers, springs, cams, gears and valves and hondata. If you cant afford all that after the rims/tires, suspension and what ever i would save up till you can, buy all the parts at once and then save up a little more for the installation. While your saving back up for the installation you will have fun with your b18c, be pretty fast and you know you have more parts ready to be thrown in there. I think thats better than spending 14k on an ARRRR

Was just wondering if this first possible then was wondering if there anything better i could do with my $14K to get the fastest car for my $$

and the post name is a misprint, i meant to type b18c5

Originally posted by hybrid89@May 20 2004, 04:22 PM
What do you want out of this "CAR" you want to get?

im gonig to use it to get 2 and from school work and race local cars if fast enough ^^, so looks wouldnt hurt but id rather have a fast car than a cool looking car

Originally posted by CarNub+May 20 2004, 04:25 PM-->
@May 20 2004, 04:22 PM
What do you want out of this "CAR" you want to get?

im gonig to use it to get 2 and from school work and race local cars if fast enough ^^, so looks wouldnt hurt but id rather have a fast car than a cool looking car

I know of a 95 integra GSR w/ITR front end & engine for sale for about $12,500 if you're interested. The car is clean.

PM me if you are...

if you've got 14k to spend don't get a honda, get like an mr2 turbo, or 240 and turbo it. I don't totally regret all the money i have dumped into my car, but it could have been spent in a lot better ways (other cars)

I think he your going to spend 14k do a eg k series build up. As the other routes for cars to bad things about the mr2 and the 240, you will get killed with insurance. A subaru isnt always a bad idea.

eg hatch < 3000 EASY
b18c swap ~ 3500
wheels/tire/suspension ~ 1500

turbokit/custom setup ~ 3000

and you still have a few gs left over for a pair of slicks, or some axles or whatever. and you have yourself a low 12, high 11 second car.

Probably get flamed for this but if you are worried about just drag racing and getting to and from work/school then the VW GTI 1.8t is a decent car. 500 in mods will get you almost 200 whp. Biggest problem would be weight though.

h22 swap, for like 3k shipped from hmotorsonline.com
axels ~ 400ish
hondata and some tuning
you could 75 nos it
then you have lots left to spend on the other things. ya know, cosmetics. or, you could buy one of these and install it in an EG. holy hell. if you wanted the easy way out that is.

EG = 4k for a high number
then the <evil boostable> B16 is 7100 with sleeves and everything else. then you have spent 11,000. leaving you with 3k for turbo evilness. tada.

get a hatch or crx and go with a jdm b16 which is anywere from 2500 to 3500 for the motor u can get any crx or hatch for 2500 up to 4000 then dump all the rest into the b16 id say and a2 with hydro transmission its a perfect motor for an turbo build up do to low compression ratio with 7000 or more left for motor mods u can get all your internals head and botom block work cams 369 or so a pair cam gears 200 250 valves valve springs and so on bore it out larger pistons its endless mods for 7000 and if u do it right with a turbo setup its good for around 500 horsepower if u want a motor for example and the exact mods done checkout the febuary 2004 issue of import racer!!!!! A 522 hp b16a at 22.4 psi!!!!!!! i myself am looking at getting a b16a jdm spec out of an integra xsi which is stock 170 hp just checkout hmotorsonline.com its great my motor longblock with ecu is only 1200 thats without tranny good luck on a quick car :D

are you building a trailer queen, or a street driver.

Back