I Hit A Deer!! Can You Help?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JohnnyWadd

Hey, guys. I had a bit of misfortune recently, and I was wondering if you could help. I was coming home from a concert the other night and was doing 75 mph down the freeway. Out of nowhere, a 600 lb deer decides to jump into my path. Luckily, I only clipped him with the corner of my car. Sure, it sucks that my Honda got beat up, but I realize how unbelievably lucky I am. Man, if I woulda hit that bitch dead on, I'd probably be dead right now!!

Anyway, I caught the tail end of the deer with the front right (passenger side) corner of my car. Now, I've got a few parts to replace. Here they are in order of urgency:

1: Side blinker/parking lamp assembly
2. Front blinker assembly (on bumper)
3. Headlamp assembly
4. Hood and fender

I drive a 1994 Accord EX. Right now, the headlamp assembly and the lower blinker are getting by. The side blinker/headlamp assembly is completely gone, though. Gotta get that one replaced ASAP. So, I want to start with that, then wait for offers on the other two assemblies.

As for the hood and fender, there's not a real sense of urgency. See, the parts there are functional, just cosmetically unappealing. What I'd really like to do is get away without painting it. The color of the car is EXTREMELY common. I see Accords that are the same color all the time. The color of the car is that really light sky-blue color. If at all possible, I'm going to try and hold out until I find somebody that's got a parts car that is the same color and is willing to part with the hood and fender.

If you've got any of this stuff and want to sell it, drop me a line. My email address is jhieb1@hotmail.com. Write me there, or just post in this thread. Either way, I'll get back to you.

Thanks for Reading
Jon

Hey, guys & gals. Sorry that I've been off of the map on this whole deer-damage fixing expedition. I had to put a head gasket into the Honda, so the body work had to take a back seat. I'm done with that job now, though, so I can get back to correcting this BS. I promise that I'll get back to those of you that have contacted me in the next few days. I want to get rolling on putting the cosmetics of the car back in order.

Still no biters on the light blue sheet metal (hood and passenger side fender), huh? I'm still looking, so let me know if you have what I need or know someone else who does. Would it be better if I posted the paint code for an exact match? Where is that located - inside the driver's door?

Thanks for your help.
Jon

damn....im all the way in washington.....kinda pointless i guess unless you want parts shipped. probably be cheaper for you if you found them somewhere close to home

Okay, okay... you guys got me. I'm a city boy, and I have no idea how much a fully grown deer weighs. I estimated (at 85mph) that the deer was about half the weight of a full-grown cow. I thought that I read somewhere at sometime that cows weigh around 1200 lbs. So, if the deer wasn't 600 lbs... I don't care!!! Point is, it was big and even though I BARELY clipped the hind quarters, my car is damaged. So... I admit it!! I was probably wrong in my estimate. So, you guys can quit calling me out!!

(By the way, I'm not mad about being called out. It's kinda funny. I'm ignorant about non-city stuff!!)

Anyway, once again, I'm sorry to all of you that have contacted me that I've yet to get back to. I've had internet issues over the past two weeks, and, as such, my computer time has been VERY limited. I promise I'll get back to you soon and let you know what I need. In the mean time, don't be afraid to contact me (again) with your offer.

The main reason that I'm writing here is to point out that I pulled the paint code off of my car. The code is G-77M, which is a light blue color. It's very common, so if you have (or know someone who has) a parts car that is this color, let me know how much they want out of a passenger side fender and a hood.

Oh, by the way, I've had more than a few people contact me about aftermarket parts that they had. I appreciate the offers, but I'm only after OEM stock replacement parts. Let me know what you've got and how much you want and we'll see if we can do business.

Thanks again for your patience.
Jon

Hey, everybody. I'm sorry that I fell off of the map. I ran into a huge expenditure on the girlfriends car, so I decided to move my problems to the back burner. The car runs fine and the damage is strictly cosmetic, so I haven't really been that worried about it.

I apologize for not getting back to people in a timely manner. I appreciate all the offers I receive and I'll get back with you just as soon as I get the other car up to snuff. Oh, and once the weather decides to cooperate. In the mean time, keep the offers coming. Oh, and I still haven't heard didly squat about blue sheet metal. Keep your ears open for that stuff.

I'll probably buy everything at around the same time. Hopefully those who have offered will still have what I want. I don't want anybody to wait around on me, though, so I won't be upset if you decide to sell to somebody else. It's the nature of capitalism.

Anyway, thanks again for all of your input. I promise to get back to everyone as soon as I can.

Jon

Back