I installed another alarm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
This was just like the installations into my accords except for a few things.
  1. DEI no longer puts installation guides on their site. I doubt if this is temporary.
  2. The Civic has less accessible starter wires at the fuse box. They are VERY accessible at the steering column by the key.
  3. It was easier and simpler to mount the hardware above the driver rather than on the passenger side.
  4. Since it was remote start, I wanted to access the neutral safety switch at the shifter in the console. For the life of me, I could not find that wire, even though I tested every wire in the area. I even tried testing the wires going to the cruise control unit.
  5. There was an immobilizer. It wasn't that hard to install the bypass. Either I'm getting better at this, or it was actually pretty easy. The instructions were VERY CLEAR and easy to understand/read.
  6. A lot of the wires were easy to access, and not hidden like my Accord.
  7. Lastly, firewall holes were hard to find. Rather than drill, I ran the wires to the engine bay through the drivers door kick, out the inner fender, behind the engine through a tube, and lastly up around the battery area. Almost all of my engine bay wiring was within about a foot of the battery.
If someone is curious about something specific, pm me a link to your thread. I have the Civic/CRX/Integra wiring guide, as well as the installation guide for my matrix alarm. The alarms were virtually identical, and so I was able to use my matrix guide to install the Avital 4300. The wire colors were exactly the same, and in exactly the same locations on the alarm components.

Quoted post[/post]]
:thumbsup:

You just need the installer login to DEI's site. :)
I wouldn't know how to get one of those. My only point was that you could download that information freely a couple weeks ago.

I think it's BS for DEI to do that. I have been to Cartoys, and let me tell you, I am smarter than they are.

Not a flame, thanks for the info Cal.

that'd be cool. I don't need any info right now, but it would be nice to have access in the future.

Back