I Just Dont Know What To Do

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so_sol

so i have a del sol and i want to do a swap. i wanted to be all sleeper and goall motor, but i ended up getting add-ons. what do u guys think.. should i go all motor by dropping a b20 or h22 in the car. or should i just screw it and get an ls and turbocharge that baby.... has anyone done any of these swaps on their del sols? what do u guys think?

I dunno about the B20 in there, you would need a different manifold to get it in there. H22 you basically cram it in there, have to do custom mouting, etc...LS/T can haul ass, but I just prefer all motor

i know that the h22 can be done it i buy these mounts for the h22 to fit in the del sol...i just have a hard time deciding which way i want to go

ive heard a few bad thing bout H22 swaps but IMO i would try it out.

Originally posted by SLOW HB@Jun 5 2003, 09:14 PM

Only downside is the added 80lbs to the front end.

Re-do your suspension and throw on some sway bars, your car will never have handled better.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jun 5 2003, 09:41 PM-->
@Jun 5 2003, 09:14 PM

Only downside is the added 80lbs to the front end.

Re-do your suspension and throw on some sway bars, your car will never have handled better.

Yea handling was the main negitive thing I heard about the swap.

and i've heard from someone who has a friend with a hatch (i think its a hatch) with a h22 and he said it is not as bad as the internet makes it out to be.

H22 would be powerful, but there are two words that would keep me from installing it in any chassis where a B series would work well:
"balance shafts"

Back