I know this is a stupid question but...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
Anyone gonna be at auto-x in Naugy this sunday the 11th?

i know, "you should come to bristol" :p

-Chris

Bristol is wickedly fast this year, now that they've removed that dirt pile and opened up the whole lot.

I've actually been shifting into 3rd lately. :)

Originally posted by BlackFrog@Jul 7 2004, 05:34 PM
Anyone gonna be at auto-x in Naugy this sunday the 11th?

i know, "you should come to bristol" :p

-Chris

you should come to bristol :p

ill be at bristol.

naugatech sucks.

chris, come to bristol.

I'm shooting for Bristol...but I might have to take the wife to the Elephants Trunk Sunday... :(

hmmmm

bristol gets my vote

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jul 8 2004, 12:40 AM-->
Originally posted by number9@Jul 7 2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Jul 7 2004, 08:30 PM
number9
@Jul 7 2004, 09:27 PM
I've actually been shifting into 3rd lately.  :)

As per Loco's observations? B)

Listen and learn, my friend. ;)

And how's it working out for you?

Not bad, thanks. A common mistake of beginners is to do too much shifting, especially up shifting right before a turn, and then immediately downshifting. Usually the minimal time gained is more than lost with a inefficient downshift and blowing the corner. Sometimes I over prescribe my own medicine and refuse the shift into 3rd when it's really called for.

The last couple of weeks they've had these very long straights with a nice high speed sweeper at the end. I've been almost using my downshift as a trail brake through the corner. I usually take the sweepers much too slowly when entering them in 2nd for some reason. But downshifting into 2nd at, or into the entry point makes it easier for me to carry more speed.

I suspect if there's a hairpin at the end of the straight, I'd still be inclinded to hang onto 2nd if I'm maxing out just before the corner. But I may be tempted to try something different on the 4th or 5th run of the day.

damn, i didnt realize they were on the same day. Im gonna have my old man in tow this sunday too, he's finally gonna run his spec v. maybe we'll take the ride up to bristol instead.

what time do they get started at, and is it still 20 bucks like naugy?

ofcourse, at the same time, there goes an events worth of points down the drain if i dont go to naugy, decisions...

-Chris

be there by 730, 8ish. spots fill up quick. youll see me ready to tech by 815 at the latest.

its 25 bucks.

Back