I lucked out. (Tornado)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CarAudiophile

So last night I am laying in bed and around 2:30am I am woke up by the Tornado sirens and my house is rocking a bit. I jump out of bed and of course turn on the TV. Thank god I just switched to Cox or else my direct tv would of been out.

So they then procede to come on the TV and tell us a particular Walmart has been damaged. This Walmart is about 1 mile from my house. So we hit the Tornado shelter under the stairs wait a bit and then I open the door to view the TV and then they say they had it tracked and it was about 10 miles away and going further away in that direction.

Anyways these are the pictures and all the damage shown is within a 5 mile radius of my house. Check it out. A bit scary when its actually this close. The most damage we got was about a 12ft. tree branch that probably weighed around 200lbs fall about 3 ft. short of my girl friends Sportage.

1320Video.com Images Galleries :: Millard Tornado 6/7/08

:eek: wow

thats gotta be some scary shit... glad you and yours are ok :thumbsup:

all things considering, it doesn't look <THAT> bad. either way, stills cary shit when its in your front yard thats for sure.

Intense man.

New girl I'm seeing, her parents are actually in omaha right now. She hadn't heard from them all day yesterday so she was freaking out. They live apparently on "The Hill" and its not as bad there as other places. But suffice to say, she was pleased to hear from them this morning.

Glad you're all right man. My family went through one here back in '98 and it wasn't any fun.

Thanks for all the kind words. Yeah that was our main thing was we were ok and it was our fist night at our new house. We were glad though because we just moved from our Apartment into here so we were glad to have the basement. It was weird though last night after it hit we went to survey damahe and it was 3AM and the streets were packed like it was 5pm traffic. Its very weird to see the Red Cross Disaster team parked less than a mile away from your house. There is alot more areas that were destroyed however local police and fire department have those areas blocked off so we couldn't go back in there and see how bad it actually was. These pictures were taken from areas we could just get too. They say they confirmed an EF2 on the ground for several miles. I am sure if it were daylight I would of saw it go right by my back yard and miss us by less than 1,000 ft from were a placed is destroyed.

Back