i m new here and i want to learn

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

locky

hello to all first. i have a 92 dx hatch back and i have a 94 vtec sohc 1.6 engine . i want to put the vtec engine to the hatch back what i have to do . do i need to buy more things or i can drop it like that . thanks any help is aprecciated

is true just drop b18 the only thing you need for b18 is shift linkage,motor and tranny <- of course , ecu thats it and the axle for that motor you dropping your probably need about the same things just post what your missing and we help you hehe i am stoned mind my writing

do you have the full setup for the 94 (engine, tranny, harness, ECU) if you do then you should be able to put that in in 1 day or less

simply pull the old engine and drop the new one in
reconect the hoses and plug the harness in at the shock towers
switch the ECU and your done

the 92 civics were all prewired for VTEC so you wont have to fuck with any of that

you will most likely still want to upgrade after that... then i would suggest a 1.8 DOHC... but if you have everything you need to drop the 94 D16Z6 in then why not do it

but don't forget he has to pull the motor out of the 94 first. To much work, buy the b-series swap and be done with it.

Originally posted by locky@Aug 26 2003, 08:25 PM
i have a 92 dx hatch back and i have a 94 vtec sohc 1.6 engine .

where exactly does he imply that the D16Z6 still needs to be pulled????

He already has the 94 sohc motor and just wants to drop it in. Can't he use the same tranny and just swap the motor, harness, and ECU???

and he already has a motor that is better than the stock one. put in the d16, save up and buy a b18. thats what id do.

HAHA fucker

and yes he "could" use the DX tranny ... but the gearing isnt ideal for use with VTEC

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 27 2003, 02:03 PM
HAHA fucker

and yes he "could" use the DX tranny ... but the gearing isnt ideal for use with VTEC

:withstupid:

Back