i....need...a......job............. ....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is true to some extent, but even if you made 10 million a year in Michigan, the most you can receive is 362 (plus 25 for now) a week pre-tax.

I would imagine some of the variation for the states comes from cost of living differences, although that's just a guess.

yeah, it's supposed to be a set percentage of your previous employment, with a cap possibility.

for washington state.
Unemployment benefits are calculated based on earnings. To calculate the benefit amount:
1. Add the total wages for the two highest quarters in the past year*.
2. Divide the total by two.
3. Multiply by 0.0385. This is the weekly benefit amount, up to a maximum of $515

I have applied for about 50 -60 jobs online since my notice on Feb 26, i have recieved 2 calls and 2 interviews..nothing worked out...i have looked every day. There are either really high paying jobs liek CFO's or directers which i do not qualify for or 10 dollar an hour jobs which obviously does not come close to the $60K i was making. I have a feeling i am going to need 3 jobs to make up for my income, Homedepot, Mcdonalds and taco bell

I have applied for about 50 -60 jobs online since my notice on Feb 26, i have recieved 2 calls and 2 interviews..nothing worked out...i have looked every day. There are either really high paying jobs liek CFO's or directers which i do not qualify for or 10 dollar an hour jobs which obviously does not come close to the $60K i was making. I have a feeling i am going to need 3 jobs to make up for my income, Homedepot, Mcdonalds and taco bell

Take what you can get as soon as you can get it. Its better to start a shitty job right away and stack chips for when you need em, than to wait and hafta start that same shitty job after your already broke. No reason you cant work a shitty job and look for a good one at the same time.

start going for quality, not quantity.

tailor your resume and cover letter for each individual position. make a resume, put on a suit, and start going in to the offices.

also, keep busy in your spare time. volunteer, study, take a class. employers are going to ask what you have been doing.

Off topic and sort of on topic. My best friend just got honorably discharged from the army. He was an E-5 and was married and did a tour in iraq. He's pulling in like 460 a week for unemployment now. I was surprised.

But then again when he was in Iraq he was making about 5k a month.

Back