Which Sound card should i get?

• Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AOpen Cobra AW850D

• Other(Please po

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Alright im getting tired of my old Riptide card, its starting to get interference and stuff(this thing came with my computer back when i bought it in '98). I took it out and decided to use my onboard sound card for now(a Realtek AC'97), and it sounds horrible. Anyways im looking for a new card and these are what i came up with. What do you guys think sounds better?

Im not looking for most speakers it can handle or features, but rather sound quality and price. Im looking to spend only around $35.

what kind of speaker set up do you have?

some 5.1 setups use a true 5.1 connector. others use gay stuf flike using the mic input as a center channel out put and stuff...

some run stero to the sub/brain/amp, and then it gets split to 5.1. so thats a big factor when chosing the right card-- what are you plugging into it

im using my stereo via a Monster ipod cable, but the surround sound system i use when im not using the stereo is a 70watt Creative 5.1 system.

that didn't answer my question though...

what kind of connectors do you have?

I picked up a SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS on newegg for under 60 about 6 months ago. I bet they're between 40 and 50 now. That damn card has a port for everything except "sexual satisfaction".

Battlepope - I'm in the market for a new card as well, but my needs are very basic - just a nice-sounding card with two speakers. Does that Audigy2 just have two speakers?

It doesn't come with them, but you can hook anywhere from a pair of speakers to 6.1 up to it.

I have a nice 2.1 altec lansing setup and it sounds wonderful.

My speakers are shot, and my soundcard is on its way out. I'll have to see if I can find something to fit within my budget a little better ($50-$60 for the card plus speakers).

for the record, the SB Live comes in digital only i believe.

you would have to buy new speakers if yours arent digital.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 10 2005, 04:04 PM
that didn't answer my question though...

what kind of connectors do you have?
[post=471846]Quoted post[/post]​

it has the headphone-looking connectors. i dont know what they are called.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 10 2005, 04:17 PM
what i would really like is a sound card with normal old speaker wire hook up s:)
[post=471923]Quoted post[/post]​

THAT'S what I'm talkin about.

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy LS 5.1 card. Horrible. I absolutely hate it. Paid $100 for it a year ago. It was their top of the line card. I may have the model wrong, but it's the 24 bit card with like 8 plugs on the back.

Pick up a set of Logitech X530 for $52 with $10 rebate and a Chaintech 5.1 sound card for $13.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....ufactory=BROWSE

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....ufactory=BROWSE

I have the speakers are theyre pretty loud. Not earth shattering, but excellent for 50 bucks. If you are really cheap, you can go to amazon.com and apply for their visa card and get 30 bucks off and then get the mail in rebate for 10 bucks. Itll be around 20 shipped and then cancel the card when you ur rebate.. haha thats what i did.

As for the sound card, i use a Creative Lab 5.1. To get surround sound, you need a dvd program that decodes surround sound, like PowerDVD. Works great for me.

Back