I need a Rhode Island inspection sticker and a 5-d

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm near kingston ny

i've tried to sumbit an uninspected motor vehicle with a repair slip(fix-it) but the judge wouldn;t accept it
lol

i got banged out with a 3 year old inspection on my bike...

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Mar 2 2005, 01:14 PM
I dont think I've EVER paid for an inspection. I ALWAYS have my car registered in a different state then I live. I may change that.

The reason:
They cannot pull me over no matter if I have a sticker or not (for insp. or any other state specific vehicle violation), as long as I'm not in the registered state.

They cannont give me a ticket for inspection nor can they give me a fix it ticket for anything on/in the vehicle. Why, because they don't know if it's legal in the registered state. They could pursue it and have to go through a whole bunch of paperwork, months of waiting and then still have it thrown out.

Example:
Full tinted windows
Illegal in NJ
Not in parts PA
Car is Reg. in PA

If I get pulled over in NJ for whatever reason, they CANNOT give me a ticket for the windows, no question about it.

But just get a mechanic to help you out, explain the situation and ask "if he can help".
[post=468290]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: my car was registered in GA when I lived in Buffalo and they couldnt do shit to me...I got pulled over about 5 times for not having a plate in the front of my car but as soon as they noticed I have a GA plate they told me to have a nice day...and I said thats right bitch!!!

j/k

I also do it because NJ has the highest Insurance Rate in the country. NJ can lick my balls in every aspect. It is the scum of the country. Thanks bye.

I cannot fix the car its a beater and it will cost too much and it will STILL be a beater. Looking for help just to get the sticker + stamp.

Having a cracked windshield and bad tires is a safety issue. Get a part time job and make yourself save to fix these problems. Having a car sucks up money, deal with it. If not, on your budget, you're better off using public transportation and get a bicycle to get around on. Also network with other students and carpool.

my winsheild is cracked on the prelude.

I'm too lazy and really don't have the time to fix it. I work 5 days a week and need the playtime and the extra time goes into the civic.

I will fix it eventually, its $90 and takes 45min-hour at this place in BK I know.

My rear tires are Azenis, its winter and they are bald, i have plans to get new ones soon.

My rear brakes were garbage until I finally replaced them, and the Ebrake still doesnt work.

My front brakes are taking their shit now, I'm not moving the civic out of the garage and its too cold outside. Maybe at the end of march or beginning of april I'll change them. They aren't that bad yet.

My clutch is starting to slip as well. I am DEFENITLY not doing that shit outside, it will have to wait until the civic is out of the garage. Again it's not that bad, only when theres like an extra 600 lbs in the car or really cold out.

But I still think you could probably find someone to do it for you. I would say send me the paper, i know a bunch of people who would do it, but their License (whatever it is) number is from NY or PA.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 2 2005, 05:32 PM
slightly camber-worn tires

slightly worn tires are a safety issue?

:deadhorse:
[post=468430]Quoted post[/post]​

His description was "slightly camber-worn tires"... maybe in reality they are closer to being bald? Tires with worn tread on them would be dangerous in wet conditions and it's been snowing all week in New England. Whatever, his car sounds like a heap and one that I wouldn't want on the highway next to mine. *shrug*

or maybe in reality you have no clue what you're talking about?

any car is dangerous in the snow...

do you have any relivant suggestions for this poor bloke with a heap of a car? or did you just wanna flame on him and publicly state you don't want to drive along side of him on the highway?

so they have emissions in RI? what happened to your valve that makes it smoke? i;m guessing you replaced the valve but not the valve guide seals?

So are you suggesting that his POS car was failed UNFAIRLY? I doubt it was...

My first car was when I was in college and living in RI. It was a POS Volvo wagon that passed inspections, but it was a money pit and I sold things like my favorite 10-speed racing bike to pay for the work on it. So I know all about heaps. The point is, cars are a responsibility and if he can't tee it up to own one properly, then he shouldn't have one. That is all.

Any shop would be plain stupid to sell him a sticker for a car like that. And for a measly $20?!?! Hah. It costs just $29 to get a real one in MA. If a shop got caught doing shit like that, the fines for them would be heavy... and in that case would this xxxmikenicexxx be able to reimburse them for their troubles? No. Not at all. So even if I had a hookup for RI (and I do have one for MA), no way would I volunteer it.

The point is, cars are a responsibility and if he can't tee it up to own one properly, then he shouldn't have one. That is all.

lmao, this is not a black and white issue here...
did you ever think he needs a car for work/school/family, whatever the case may be? and its kinda hard to pay for unnecessary things like tickets and tires when they are not absolutely needed...

and the $20 was to be considered a "tip" for the attendant providing their signature on his 5 day...

i think that if he had the extra money to a) fix his car or b.) pay the ticket, he would NOT be here asking for help from someone...

So even if I had a hookup for RI (and I do have one for MA), no way would I volunteer it.

so then why post in this thread at all?

so back to the thread starter... regarding emissions... how badly did you fail? and did they notice your windshield and tires?

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Mar 2 2005, 08:46 PM
So are you suggesting that his POS car was failed UNFAIRLY?  I doubt it was...

My first car was when I was in college and living in RI.  It was a POS Volvo wagon that passed inspections, but it was a money pit and I sold things like my favorite 10-speed racing bike to pay for the work on it.  So I know all about heaps.  The point is, cars are a responsibility and if he can't tee it up to own one properly, then he shouldn't have one.  That is all.

Any shop would be plain stupid to sell him a sticker for a car like that.  And for a measly $20?!?!  Hah.  It costs just $29 to get a real one in MA.  If a shop got caught doing shit like that, the fines for them would be heavy...  and in that case would this xxxmikenicexxx be able to reimburse them for their troubles?  No.  Not at all.  So even if I had a hookup for RI (and I do have one for MA), no way would I volunteer it.
[post=468485]Quoted post[/post]​

How about you do us all a favor and shut the fuck up, all you do is create drama on this fucking site.

werd. maybe he's having a bit of a problem right now with money. he may NORMALLY be able to take care of it, but as it stands he has only FIVE DAYS to correct it. i don't blame him for looking into getting some help. i don't think he's tried to say his car failed unfairly. he never once complained about it. maybe after he gets out of his hardship (if there is one) he can get another beat up car. but for right now, he's in a fix. give him a fucking break.

i think i better leave it at that before i end up like a few others i know...

Bottom line is that cars come with responsibilities and owning one is a privelidge, not a right. If you cannot fulfill the very minor obligations set forth by the state that you live in, well then how can they trust you to operate this vehicle in a safe manner? There is a way to solve this problem, fix the car and get a sticker, thats it. If you want to go through some other ilegal route, well then thats on you, but you asked how you could solve the problem, and there is the answer.

to those who stuck up for me, thank you very much. to the other ones they were correct when they said you did not know my situation. i need the car desperately for school, I only have three weeks left before graduation, and also a full-time job I need to get to. and 94redsigal, please keep your unfair comments to yourself. my car is not "dangerous" and I never said the tires were bald. They have full tread but they are worn a little more on the inside due to camber. And a crack in the front windshield is not really a safety issue. It may be a POS "heap" but it sure isnt dangerous. Reckedracing, thanks for stickin up for me, and it didnt not pass emissions because I havent gotten it inspected yet, I just got the 5-day due to the old inspection sticker. I replaced a cracked valve AND the seals, but the valve is definitely out of spec (i believe the guide, it wasnt an oem valve) causing some oil to seep into the cylinder. It does get better after warmed up and running it a while, the smoke goes away, but I know its still burning enough not to pass. Like you said, Im just looking for help to get me by until I can afford/find the time to even buy another beater to get around. Im offering $50 (on top of actual charge) to anyone who can supply me with a sticker and stamp. Im desperate and only have 4 days.

Actually, all I REALLY need is the 5-day stamped then I can worry about sticker after that. I will pay for the stamp of course if someone could help me out. I am very, very desperate. Please, someone!

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Mar 2 2005, 05:33 PM
My clutch is starting to slip as well. I am DEFENITLY not doing that shit outside, it will have to wait until the civic is out of the garage. Again it's not that bad, only when theres like an extra 600 lbs in the car or really cold out.
[post=468431]Quoted post[/post]​

lazyass. :lol: i replaced the tranny in the colt over the course of last week. its not THAT cold outside. :p

Originally posted by swanny@Mar 2 2005, 08:03 PM
How about you do us all a favor and shut the fuck up, all you do is create drama on this fucking site.
[post=468494]Quoted post[/post]​

Why don't you shut the fuck up? First off, this thread starter opened his thread with very little details about his whole situation and not only that, after a year he has only 100 posts. So as far as I'm concerned, he is close to being a newb on this board and therefore an unknown quantity. The same request coming from someone with a high post count might have gotten a different reaction from me or maybe not. With some people on this board, there is a better sense that they are in a temporary crisis, but will eventually do the right thing. So I when I read the initial posts by this stranger (to me) and see that he is a student with no money and a POS car. Again, in his first posts, he doesn't say what car he is driving, no age, mileage or specifics. All he is asking for is some stamp, inspection sticker on the sly... and he gives no timetable for when he can fix all of those problems.

As to my worth on this site, well you don't know the whole story. I've helped plenty of people but I don't broadcast it and many of those don't post in the Members Lounge and have low post counts. I get a lot of off the record PM's and emails of support and thanks for what I have posted. I've helped out with parts and hooked them up with the minor mechanical trivia I know by PM. One guy in CT was desperate for a hatch glass and I got one for him and dropped it off on my way to FL last month. My car was full, but I managed to squeeze it in. I even fronted the money to my local junkyard for him. Another guy bought a bad ECU on eBay and was going to dump it for cheap in the classifieds, but I hooked him up with nfn to fix it instead so he wouldn't lose as much money. And then to my closer friends, TurboMirage has gotted to drive my colt all winter while his car is under construction. I lent him my Si so he could drive more SAFELY down to NC to pick up a new tranny for it. And as far as I'm concerned, that VT person that is no longer with us self-destructed all on his own. I didn't even know that he was banned until way after it happened and no, I never asked for his banning either. And up until about a month before that, I was still trying to be friends in real life with him. I lent him my Si and GS-R all summer after he crashed his car (and he still hasn't paid me back the insurance for them during that time), I did other favors for him and even in September, he asked and I was willing to tow his Civic 1200 back from Oregon for him with his Alltrac. And lastly, the only other person that I am annoyed with on this site is mostly because of the crappy work that he did to my car that I paid him to do.

As my real life friends know, I hate lying and bullshit, I speak my mind... even when it's not the popular or cool thing to do. I will not be a sheep.

So shut the fuck up with your accusations of me being some sole drama starter on this site. It's not all me and consider that a core group of the Hondaswap gang is from CT and the neighboring area. We've met and hung out in person, some at meets and mostly at autocross. Shit happens. Then there is that stupid male bonding thing that a lot of you tend to do. And finally, familiarity breeds contempt.

Reality >>>> internet personas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back